Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Optimal load for a 38S Trubor?

DrLove

So I've been reloading for about a month and I think I"m ready to try some of my loads at a local match. However, I still don't feel my load is optimal for my gun. I mean it's ok but I'm pretty sure I can get something better with less dot movement. Since I really don't have time to test a bunch of loads, just want your input if you have a stock Trubor. Which loads do you think are optimal for dot movement?

Here's my current load:

9.5g VV 3N38
115g Montana Gold CMJ
OAL 1.24"

Remingoton SRP (6 1/2)

The PF is around 169 which is perfect for me.

Thx in advance..

Said it before, now I'll say it again. Winchester small pistol magnum primers, 10.5 of N105 with a MG115 JHP @1.235. With a good grip, the dot kind of just wiggles in the lense.

oh, so GrumpyONe, you actually have a Trubor? Sorry man, thought this was just "a load" you've tried on some gun. Cool, I still have some 105. I can try that...

You are the only person who can figure out the optimal load for your gun and it will involve a fair amount of range time. A 169 power factor may work good but is it giving the comp enough gas to work better than good. Throw in some experimenting with recoil springs and main springs and you will find the damn near perfect load for you and your gun. If you haven't got the time to experiment then good is the best you will get.

Pat

Said it before, now I'll say it again. Winchester small pistol magnum primers, 10.5 of N105 with a MG115 JHP @1.235. With a good grip, the dot kind of just wiggles in the lense.

oh, so GrumpyONe, you actually have a Trubor? Sorry man, thought this was just "a load" you've tried on some gun. Cool, I still have some 105. I can try that...
Yep...an old Trubor in 38 super. Mine is actually marked as a Trubor Competitor, their first incarnation of the Trubor. Yours, if it's new, will have a few minor differences, mainly the slide will be just a tad lighter...mine does not have the top of the slide above the firing pin chamber cut down..

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=36193

Edited by GrumpyOne