Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

N310 with Bayou Bullets

CaptJeff

• 2 weeks later...

a shooter came through the chrono at the Wisconsin Sectionals with 3.7 of 310, behind a Bayou 230, and if I remember correctly was about 172 PF. I was pretty amazed at how soft it felt. :cheers:

I have been using the 230 gr Bayou Bullet with N310 and having good success with 3.8gr at 1.250 OAL. Hitting right at 170 power factor and extremely accurate out of my Guncrafter government model I shoot IPSC with. You have to allow in the calculations, however, that most of the 230gr bullets actually weigh around 229gr +/- though.

a shooter came through the chrono at the Wisconsin Sectionals with 3.7 of 310, behind a Bayou 230, and if I remember correctly was about 172 PF. I was pretty amazed at how soft it felt. :cheers:

This is the load I wound up with for a 625. Very accurate and low felt recoil. Only problem is I have less than a pound left.

I have been using the 230 gr Bayou Bullet with N310 and having good success with 3.8gr at 1.250 OAL. Hitting right at 170 power factor and extremely accurate out of my Guncrafter government model I shoot IPSC with. You have to allow in the calculations, however, that most of the 230gr bullets actually weigh around 229gr +/- though.

I use the exact same load out of my Springfield. I have never had a bayou weigh lighter than it was supposed to. It is very soft and feels a lot like clays without the temp sensitivity. I think i will start loading clays again for my practice rounds and keep the 310 for matches.