Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dang batteries

I was converting my RL550B from SP to LP this evening, and for some reason, it occurred to me to open up the low primer alarm. It still worked, but I decided to check on the battery anyway. Sure enough, it'd been leaking for some time. It was a Duracell with a 2015 date code. It might be the original battery from 5 years ago...I can't remember if I've ever changed it since I got the press.

I cleaned out the battery gunk, put a new one in, and it still works.

This topic should be in the hate section. I got rid of anything on my presses that buzzed a while ago. Very annoying sound. No more alarm means no more battery to check. :)

That buzzer is annoying, but the one time I forgot to use it, I ran out of primers and made a mess. Lol

Nothing like reloading at 6am and the buzzer goes off and wakes up the misses

I accidently left a battery in my primer warning buzzer for about 12 years while I was out of shooting. Last year I set up my machine and the inside of the buzzer case was a mess. Dillon sent me the guts of the buzzer for free even though I explained it was entirely my fault.

There is a product out there that I coat all my electronics with as well as cleaning my guns with it.

Corrosion X

It will help save those bad connections in the powder and primer alarms and cleans your guns.

Great product. Give it a shot (:grin:)

Retread

Thanks for the reminder. Something else to add to my list of batteries to change annually.

I may need a new 3 ring binder as well, the 1.5" version is getting over crowded. And a bank loan to get new batteries once a year as well <sigh>

• 6 months later...

Duracell is the worst battery I have ever used for leakage and has ruined a lot of high dollar stuff for me. I will never buy them again. I never leave batteries in temporaray use items like the Dillon, chrony, hand held GPS,ect.