Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Modified Needed

Hunga88

USPSA should open a modified division, it would push gun/shooter/gunsmith to the absolute limit of their abilities and result in innovation/technology to develop the sport beyond what we have now. Barrel length and sight radius could shrink to buy added capacity or vice versa, if it fits in the box(how ever it fits) shoot it, works much better than the magazine gauge we have now. People may say it is a gamer division but I think it is the reason that IPSC started, because what is a modified gun other than just the best of the best modern day fighting pistol?

And they just look AWESOME...

post-43415-0-93697100-1380658804_thumb.j

Edited by Hunga88

The modified division was so popular in IPSC that they killed it. Why would we want to bring it back here in the US? I feel like we already have too many divisions, let's not add another one.

Agree but why not just make it a sub division of open kind of like Limited and L10, Open and O(M)

Edited by Hunga88

The modified division was so popular in IPSC that they killed it. Why would we want to bring it back here in the US? I feel like we already have too many divisions, let's not add another one.

Agree but why not just make it a sub division of open kind of like Limited and L10, Open and O(M)

Limited and L10 are 2 separate divisions. L10 is not a sub division of Limited.

Modified is cool (and I am the 2011 US Modified Champion, so there :)). It is also not for everyone.

The equipment rules are simple-- do what you want that fits in the box with a mag in. You get to decide if you prefer round count over barrel length or sight type. It's a division where the guns don't all pretty much look like each other.

But they are by no means competitive in Open-- a stubby .40 cal with a half-way functional comp? Not happening. At the extreme end they are also quite fragile-- how many rounds do you want to run? My World Shoot gun cracked the slide in 7000 rounds.

IPSC killed it for a variety of reasons that didn't seem to have a lot to do with its popularity. If so, Revo would have been gone way sooner. It had a pretty sizable contingent in Europe and South America.

Shooting wise, Mod is indeed the worst of Open and Limited put together, but some people like a challenge.

Modified is cool (and I am the 2011 US Modified Champion, so there :)). It is also not for everyone.

The equipment rules are simple-- do what you want that fits in the box with a mag in. You get to decide if you prefer round count over barrel length or sight type. It's a division where the guns don't all pretty much look like each other.

But they are by no means competitive in Open-- a stubby .40 cal with a half-way functional comp? Not happening. At the extreme end they are also quite fragile-- how many rounds do you want to run? My World Shoot gun cracked the slide in 7000 rounds.

IPSC killed it for a variety of reasons that didn't seem to have a lot to do with its popularity. If so, Revo would have been gone way sooner. It had a pretty sizable contingent in Europe and South America.

Shooting wise, Mod is indeed the worst of Open and Limited put together, but some people like a challenge.

Do you think it would survive as a USPSA division? What if people started using their Mod guns in their local matches with a separate scored division, but classifiers entered as open?

I think we have too many divisions now in USPSA. I remember the good ole days of only Open and Limited. The competition between shooters was much better then.

Shoot what you have. You can always get better by shooting more matches.