Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Optic, where to buy?

Iggy42

So I ordered an MTac back on Aug 30th and at the time of order the website stated it would ship in 1-2 business days. Being a holiday weekend I figured there would be a slight delay beyond that, no big deal. Well here it is Sept. 19th, and I canceled the order since there appears to be no shipping date in sight. I already have a switchthrow and a modified Scopecoat for the switchthrow sitting here waiting for a MTac.

That being said, anyone know a good place to order a MTac and mount from? I really want to order from someone that supports our sport, but money is tighter than ever so I need to stay as close as possible to the 450 I was going to pay for MTac and mount from the previous place.

Brownells has both in stock. MTAC is 399 and pepr mount is 80. If your not familiar with Brownells, you need to be. Their shipping and their rerun policy is second to none.

Ordered several of my AR parts from them, great place and I saw their banners at the FNH 3-gun match out of PNTC today. Last I looked they wanted more for the MTac, plus shipping. They where on my list to check again once my refund cleared.

+1 on Brownells for price and customer service. Midway USA is also very good if it isn't in stock at Brownells

Midway was great on the other AR parts I ordered, again they where on the list to check once the refund comes through

I would NOT recommend Optics Planet.

So I have learned to my dismay

I have also had great success with CPWSA who is in the vendor section, he is who I got the switchview and Scopecoat from. Part that makes it tough is while pricewise most folks are close, its the shipping costs that is the killer. First order had free shipping, course I think now I see why since nothing ever shipped.

Joe Bob Outfitters has the scope in stock for $379.95. They have the PEPR mount in stock for $74.95, but it doesnt look like they have the QD model in stock. They have free shipping on orders over $90 and they ship super fast. Def recommend them. Its hard to beat free shipping and someone who ships that fast. Plus it looks like the price may be cheaper. I am not too familiar with that scope/mount so I apologize if that is a different model

Joe Bobs Outfitters, Midway & Brownell have always shipped fast for me.

Only small complaint about Brownells is after I purchased a surgeon action they sent a thank you letter to my billing address and I did not want my wife to see that in black & white. On the other hand the letter was signed with real ink.

Only small complaint about Brownells is after I purchased a surgeon action they sent a thank you letter to my billing address and I did not want my wife to see that in black & white. On the other hand the letter was signed with real ink.

That falls squarely on you. That is not any wrongdoing by Brownells. To suggest otherwise is just wrong. That should not even be mentioned as a small complaint!

That falls squarely on you. That is not any wrongdoing by Brownells. To suggest otherwise is just wrong. That should not even be mentioned as a small complaint!

I think OkCorey was injecting a little humor. I'm having one of those days where a little humor is appreciated.

If the letter was actually signed by Pritchett, which is pretty cool and super nice when you spend that kind of money, I have to agree with OkCorey. I don't appreciate companies giving out my info on products I buy even if it is to the OEM. Pritchett

Pritchett

Dare I ask what the issue is with Optics Planet. I've only ordered from them once with no issues.

Only place I actively boycott is Cheaper Than Dirt.

I placed an order for some in stock items that should have shipped in 1-2 business days. 3 weeks later still had not shipped, nor did they have any idea when it would. I got tired of the run around by the CS people so I canceled the order.

Was in humor, letter was from Brownells, I did get to meet Preston at a local OPPS club match in OK this summer he was a super nice guy.

To the OP didn't mean to hijack thread I just wanted to say all 3 vendors have shipped quickly only thing worse than waiting on a vendor to ship is repeatedly checking at the post office for two weeks only then finding out order was at post office for the last two weeks. Good Luck

Was in humor, letter was from Brownells, I did get to meet Preston at a local OPPS club match in OK this summer he was a super nice guy.

To the OP didn't mean to hijack thread I just wanted to say all 3 vendors have shipped quickly only thing worse than waiting on a vendor to ship is repeatedly checking at the post office for two weeks only then finding out order was at post office for the last two weeks. Good Luck

My apologies. It didnt seem humerous when i read it. ?

• 2 weeks later...

Welp refund finally came through so I placed my order with Midway. Pretty good price with the mount being on sale and free shipping, plus the NRA program they run is nice. Not sure in Midway supports 3-gun/USPSA or not, but I know they support the shooting sports as a whole.