Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting sight cuts done

kneelingatlas

Has anyone sent off a slide to have sight cuts made? Where did you send? How much did it cost?

I have a slide with a standard rear cut and no front cut I want to use the Super Sight rear and modern front on and I'm not sure I can muster the courage to try it myself on my drill press...

I'm also thinking about hard chrome at the same time. Any leads would be helpful.

I'll follow this post, b/c I want to do same thing on my Mossad.

Did you figure out what brand, dimenstions of sights you gonna put on there?

I'm thinking it might actually be cheaper to buy a new slide with the Super Sight cuts rather than have this one cut... I'll keep you in the loop.

I'm actually planning to use the fixed rear of the Tactical Sport:

10202.jpg

It makes a great slide racker!

The dovetail is slightly wider (~.3mm) so I need to use a three sided file with a safe side to file it to fit.

Edited by kneelingatlas

I've still been waiting to hear something about some usable night sites. Seems like no one carries their tanfo's, though.

The rear sight of a Baby Eagle is the same as a standard Witness cut, but the front is different, do you have a removable front sight?

Yeah, I have the removable front sights that are cut from the front of the slide instead of transversely, the slides are longslide supersights and stock 1.

Have you had anything done by them?

No. And its been a few years, but if I remember correctly, I asked a Trijicon sales person whether they made night sights for a Witness and he told me these guys could insert tritium tubes into my stock sights or recut the slide for other sights.

Edited by jmbaccolyte

any idea where I can find good set of sights for witness/baby eagle? plain serrated rear and fo front

if cz is mall, are any brands that have wider dove tail, so it could be fitted?

Edited by e-mishka