Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

What do y'all use for a... Trigger bar? It would correlate to a trigger bow in a 1911.

The hole in mine seems to be over-sized - I bought a Hening replacement to try to stop the trigger from being able to wobble outside of the trigger guard - but even the replacement one we got in from Numrich still had an oversized hole - is the only real option to braze and drill?

The pins are smaller on CZs, so if you use a CZ trigger you can drill out the holes just enough and get a tight fit.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone with small frame aluminum grips for sale...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Rodney, the thin grips for CZs also work for small frame Tanfos with little or no fitting.

Was looking for some that would work with the factory mag well on the limited...

Rodney, the thin grips for CZs also work for small frame Tanfos with little or no fitting.

Was looking for some that would work with the factory mag well on the limited...

The standard frame, competition frame/no mag well, the factory mag well, the Henning mag well (scratch that, I think both mag wells use the same grip, I was thinking of the CZC/CZ UB mag wells :eatdrink: ); they all need different length grips which are hard to find/expensive, so I just cut the full size grips to fit.

Edited by kneelingatlas

The standard frame, competition frame/no mag well, the factory mag well, the Henning mag well; they all need different length grips which are hard to find/expensive, so I just cut the full size grips to fit.

Thanks...

Do you know if I can order grips from Tanfoglio's website out of Italy... I like the Blue Xtreme small frame Limited Grips... And yes they are ridiculously expensive

Does anyone have a small frame long slide (4.75") 9mm barrel sitting around (I'm looking for two) obviously I would take a 6" barrel as well :wub:

That same Match I was asking about the trigger swap earlier, can you just put in a 9mm barrel and mags or do you need a whole conversion slide to switch calibers? Looking to shoot it in 3gun.

Sorry not to knowledgeable in the ways of the Tanfoglio.

Thank you

There are some who shoot 9mm in a .40 slide without issues, I don't simply because I have a safe full of 9mm slides through which to shoot 9mm.

You have a safe full of everything Tanfo, lol. You should open up your own Tanfo USA Inc. ;-)

Sent from my flux capacitor

My open gun - dressed down to act as a Limited Minor practice mule for my 40s. I like the shortened dc in 9mm and especially in its open guise but have put a 40 top end on it and think I like the feel of the full DC mo betta. Of course these things are mostly in one's head!

I'm not a big open fan but I've shot some very pricey Limcats etc and due to weight mostly, I thing my open gun is better. If I was small, it may seem heavy, but it doesn't transit too slowly for me at my level. Many 2011 Open shooters have been impressed with this gun/comp combo. They're mainly 2011 aficionados though and would never switch.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7u0308efhe4fcz/2013-05-02%2018.08.50.jpg

Found a slight better picture. This gun was very easy to shoot right out of the gate. Used Henning's recommended load after making sure it made major and shot some matches and classifiers with it with good results for me. First 6 classifieds put me at A level which is as good as I do with anything else and I even shot my best Smoke and hope time with it to that point. (I think the sideways cmore had something to do with that as well. Anyway, if you know smoke and hope, you know that transition speed is almost everything and that was good enough. It's a good sweet shooting piece that may not have the 100% finished look of a high end gun but is good enough for 95% of us for sure. Oh, and EG uses something sorta similar, so....