Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

So I bought home a new small frame today which I'm very excited to shoot; thanks to Will for turning me on to this deal :)

IMG_20140305_191333_834-1_zpsnfwav4ct.jp

This one was built by a top notch smith from the early '90s and is very tight with a great trigger! These are my favorite frames, I have three now all imported in 1992. The all have aggressive, waffle iron checkering on the front/back of the frame and on the bottom of the trigger guard:

IMG_20140305_191425_927_zpspgtmaqcr.jpg

Now all it needs is a Henning magwell, TS fixed rear, SP01 rubber grips extended mag release and a thumb rest!

Nice piece!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the checkering on the bottom of the trigger guard. I've stoned mine to take all the sharp edges off! ;)

I love it! Between that and Henning's mag well, my support hand is locked in place; I do a Vogel style draw where my left index finger meets the bottom of the trigger guard then the support hand twists over the strong hand as I push out. When going back and forth with my TS/CZC mag well, the Tanfoglios feel much more secure.

I don't get the checkering on the bottom of the trigger guard. I've stoned mine to take all the sharp edges off! ;)

I love it! Between that and Henning's mag well, my support hand is locked in place; I do a Vogel style draw where my left index finger meets the bottom of the trigger guard then the support hand twists over the strong hand as I push out. When going back and forth with my TS/CZC mag well, the Tanfoglios feel much more secure.

Yeah I draw like that too. Maybe my Software hands are just too soft and fragile for that kind of aggressive checkering... ;)

Yeah I draw like that too. Maybe my Software hands are just too soft and fragile for that kind of aggressive checkering... ;)

It's true, I may have worked in the field just long enough to coat my hands in leather, but they get softer with every keystroke in the office!

Atlas,

What trigger is in your new SF? Looks like a mix between Henning and a CZ trigger..

Allow me to tell you a story:

Once upon a time I bough a competition small frame from 1992 which had a blocky aluminum trigger with a very light captured trigger return spring:

2928461502_9269fb009b_o_zps2ab37ccf.jpg

The hammer was the stock base model, so overall the trigger pull was underwhelming, so I stripped it to a bare frame and built it out as a Production gun:

IMG_20131111_174034_274-1_zps00ca0161.jp

Because I have two of these awesome Austin Behlert SA triggers the aluminum one gathered dust.

IMG_20131106_184402_687-1_zps0793bbd2.jp

But then, inspired by a wild hair, I decided to try to make something of that block, gabbed my files and went to work:

IMG_20140110_200817_778-1_zpsceuaom5c.jp

It was only when I got this new pistol I realized the blanks were meant to be shaped as a part of the fitting process:

IMG_20140305_191333_834-1_zpsnfwav4ct.jp

This trigger started its life like this:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have an extra 4.5" 9mm barrel lying around? Maybe a standard 9mm upper you want to updrade to a long slide??? I've got lots of good stuff and I'm looking to get a project buttoned up.

Large or small frame.

Sorry about that, large frame.

Does anyone have an extra 4.5" 9mm barrel lying around? Maybe a standard 9mm upper you want to updrade to a long slide??? I've got lots of good stuff and I'm looking to get a project buttoned up.

Large or small frame.

Sorry about that, large frame.

Darn I can't help with large frame

Once upon a time I bough a competition small frame from 1992 which had a blocky aluminum trigger with a very light captured trigger return spring:

Any chance we could get a picture of this "captured return spring"? I'm thinking of just cutting a blocky trigger like this out on the mill and hand shaping it like you did..

Any chance we could get a picture of this "captured return spring"? I'm thinking of just cutting a blocky trigger like this out on the mill and hand shaping it like you did..

IMG_20140331_222311_900_zpsayaq6leq.jpg

It's just like the regular one but with a sleeve over the pin which is pressed into the trigger.