Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

8 shot...

mikeAZ

Looks like it's either a Taurus 608 (which seems to be scorned upon) or a S&W 627?. Years ago, I shot a custom 686 6 shot and thought I might take up ICORE revolver. As a Super Senior, I'm not out or able to win the match and will shoot with a red dot (C-More), putting me into open class no matter what. I've had Taurus's before (no revo's) and no complaints. At the moment neither are real easy to find, it seems. I'd have the "T" cut for moon clips......So I'd figure the total about $850 or so for the "T" and $1500 or so for the 627..... comments....

Here is what competitors did in the 90s when the 608s came out.....Have one to shoot, have a spare to shoot when 1st gun is in for warranty work, and have a third for when the other two are in for warranty work......Seriously......

I like Taurus guns, don't think it is a bash, but for hard competition get the Smith.....

DougC

I wish everyone luck in finding a 627, I have had my name on top of the list at several shops for the last few months and it's not looking very good. It would be nice if S&W looked at these sights and realized the had a market out there and up'd production.

Edited by UFO

I have a 608 I bought back in the mid-90s before S&W made 627s. IIRC, I was waiting for my RPM 8-shot .38 Super(which I did get). Bob Miles in California milled it for moonclips and I used it a bit. It has round ports on both sides of the front sight(factory). My recollection is it shot light bullets fast well but would not stabilize heavy bullets(they keyholed). I found the gun in my safe yesterday.

As one Super Senior to another, I'll give you the gun and moonclips if you pay shipping. If you care contact me at: rjlndstrm@mchsi.com

Bob

IA203

Edited by S&WIowegan

I have a 608 I bought back in the mid-90s before S&W made 627s. IIRC, I was waiting for my RPM 8-shot .38 Super(which I did get). Bob Miles in California milled it for moonclips and I used it a bit. It has round ports on both sides of the front sight(factory). My recollection is it shot light bullets fast well but would not stabilize heavy bullets(they keyholed). I found the gun in my safe yesterday.

As one Super Senior to another, I'll give you the gun and moonclips if you pay shipping. If you care contact me at: rjlndstrm@mchsi.com

Bob

IA203

That's an awesome offer! It's great to see stuff like this from time to time.

Bob

IA203

That's an awesome offer! It's great to see stuff like this from time to time.

Bob's one of a kind, great guy.

That is exactly what makes this sport great. God bless you Bob.

Bob
IA203

GEEEZ...I can't seem to get an email to Bob from that address he posted??... I'm not much with the computor, they keep getting returned ???? Well, anyhow I've e-mailed Bob from this site. Hope he checks in soon?. HA, wouldn't you know it... I gave all my 38 brass away some time ago with the dies.... New dies on the way, hitting my shooting buddies up for some brass to get started with.

Mike, if you don't hear from Bob shortly, drop me a PM and I'll give you his contact information.

He talked to me at the ICORE match on Saturday about shipping the gun out through my FFL in order to send it priority mail, which will save on shipping costs. So it hasn't slipped his mind......even though he is a Super Senior...... :lol:

Huh? What?? Who are you? Who am I?

Never fear Mike NM. Your emails, at least two of them, showed up last evening. I responded to your email addy rather than this forum PMs. I included Mike Carmoney's fax number so the FFL in Apache Junction can fax him a copy. I won't be shipping today but soon.

Bob

IA203

Huh? What?? Who are you? Who am I?

Never fear Mike NM. Your emails, at least two of them, showed up last evening. I responded to your email addy rather than this forum PMs. I included Mike Carmoney's fax number so the FFL in Apache Junction can fax him a copy. I won't be shipping today but soon.

Bob

IA203

Gun shipped out yesterday afternoon. Should arrive early next week.

I wish the Taurus revolvers had good enough metallurgy to provide the S&W with real competition in the marketplace.....I really do.

But they don't.

when they stole the guy from mossburg I sent him a very similar request through a mutual friend. the last T i picked up at a gun shop really seemed to hold some improvements in the quality department... but alas i wouldn't try it unless T gave me the gun to test.

Picked up the gun this afternoon from my FFL..... ( Had a BIG gully washer Arizona type rain storm last night, flood water in his business, all computors/electrical stuff unplugged while they cleaned up the damage). What a nice, tight firearm. Bod sent the moon clips too. Called Alchin,.. I think I can adapt the C-More mount from the S&W's to it with a little help from my local gunsmith. Bob even sent the original box..... All I can say is THANKS!!!!. Picking up various weights of "Billy" bullets tomorrow at the Rio Salado ICORE match. Need a holster, moon clip holders and OFF we go.....Maybe, I'll even get an "A" or two? (I usually try to avoid them at all costs)... (No pics till I get her done). Bob, again THANKS!!!, Mike

Edited by mike NM