Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 21 conversion to .40 S&W ?

Lost River

Friends,

Quick question for clarity. I sold my Glock 20 10mm, kept the extra barrels. They drop right in to my G21 .45. One is a conversion from 10 to .40.

The question is, is it legal in limited class to run a .40 barrel in a gun that was originally a .45?

Thanks in advance.

Eventually I will just pick up a G35 but for now would like to know if the above conversion is compliant with the rules.

Yep, standard length barrels. When I purchased them, I did not have game guns in mind, but now that I have started shooting again after a long haitus, I will probably give this setup a try for a bit when I am not shooting production. It will give me a chance to get back in the game and put money aside for a G35.

Thanks

Will it work though? The .45 breech face is MUCH larger than a 10mm/40 breech. Must be heck of a lot of extractor tension on that case rim.

Here where an issue may lie. Lots of trust hoping the extractor holds the round in place. It will/may run, but will it be 100% for hundreds/thousands of rounds. I would look into a Glock 35 or 24. Or go back to the 20 for this set up. JMO

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...