Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stupid CTS question

tortuga

Take that back.

there is the 75 CTS LSP and the CTS

but people mix up models and make up names. so you really got to ask a lot of question when buying something used. Pictures help a lot.

Edited by eerw

Thanks Guys. I am finding that pictures don't help me a lot as the dimensions are so close, I can't tell a TS from a CZ75 from pictures alone.

I sure wouldn't advertise my SA lower/TS upper as a CTS but it must be close! Sure feels like one, It is so close,,,just need more .40 capacity.

Does the CZ Custom CTS use TS magazines? Website says 19 rds of 9MM, like a CZ75 Shadow. Thought the TS was 20?

Edited by tortuga

Here is the image on CZ-USA for at CTS, described as a long slide version of a 75 Shadow: https://czusamedia.s3.amazonaws.com/cache/04/86/0486edafa6209057d45be8a0533a290a.png

Ad for CZ custom CTS: http://www.lionseek.com/images/big/guns/15/330514-cz-custom-cts-9mm.jpg

You might recognize this one: http://czcustom.com/images/products/detail/CTS_0017.1.jpg

I'm pretty sure a TS slide doesn't mean it is a TS frame.

Edited by tortuga

That's the one that got me thinking, the ad clearly states it started as a TS. The ad DOESN'T state anything about a grip reduction that I can see; that would kill it for me as I want the full size. I don't think I would have shot yours as well with a reduction or without the bigger grips. My dream CZ would be something the size of the 97B with high cap in .40

Edited by tortuga

That's the one that got me thinking, the ad clearly states it started as a TS. The ad DOESN'T state anything about a grip reduction that I can see; that would kill it for me as I want the full size. I don't think I would have shot yours as well with a reduction or without the bigger grips. My dream CZ would be something the size of the 97B with high cap in .40

the one in the ad is a TS with a grip reduction..

part of the CTS build is the reduction, undercutting beavertail and trigger guard .

Edited by eerw

I have shot a TS and one with grip reduction in a CTS clone...... Don't be fooled by "grip reduction" we are talking primarily removing the checkering, and a mild undercut. I vastly preferred the Reduced grip, and it still felt larger than a regular frame 75. They really feel nice, hold one before you discount it. I have average to large size hands fwiw.

So here's a pic for comparison; 75SA w/ TS slide & SP-01 Mag.

How do you tell the difference? This is kind of a big deal given the asking price for this kind of thing.

post-34545-0-73975500-1376181543_thumb.j

Edited by tortuga

That one is a 75SA frame just like yours, the ball cuts and the mag give it away. I presume the 9mm CTS is made from a standard frame because the TS frame doesn't offer a capacity advantage in 9mm.

It doesn't? I think it does. I believe you can get 23rds out of a 140mm mag in the TS and only 21 in a 75 frame/mag.

M3, are you using a CZC spring and follower in that 75 mag? I get 23 in both. I also have a big stick for both: 29 reloadable in the TS and 28 reloadable in the 75 although I've never tried tuning that one.

I also have a Tanfoglio small frame tube which fits 24, but it's more like 143mm.

Edited by kneelingatlas

M3, are you using a CZC spring and follower in that 75 mag? I get 23 in both. I also have a big stick for both: 29 reloadable in the TS and 28 reloadable in the 75 although I've never tried tuning that one.

I also have a Tanfoglio small frame tube which fits 24, but it's more like 143mm.

Don't have the base pads yet, they are sitting in my shopping cart. But here is the link, says 21 rounds total. Does the CZC follower add 2 more?

http://czcustom.com/cz75-extended_base_pad_short.aspx

• 3 months later...