Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RL1050 what kind of price?

Guys i am dealing with a guy to get an old RL1050 he has had for ever. It's setup for 45 acp. I already have a Super 1050 and want this RL for a dedicated 9mm reloader. Cool thing is he has the shell plate for 9mm. It's not pretty and might have to be gone through!

ive seen them from $1k to $1800 (yes more than a new super 1050)... depending on the person who wants them, i personally

use 4 RL 1050's and love them they are smoother to reload on than a super in my opinion. only problem is you cannot load long cased rifle ammo... if you dont want it i could use another RL 1050 :devil::devil: :devil: :devil:

Edited by ogiebb

I recently bought a used XL650 from a guy that had it sitting unused in his garage for 15 years. I sent it to Dillon to have it refurbished. $77.00 (that included return shipping) and 2 weeks later I got a rebuilt and upgraded unit that looked like it was brand new. They also rebuilt the powder measures and sent me brand new dies. I would imagine that they would do the same thing with a 1050 as well. Buy it and send it to Dillon.

I bought a used XL650 . sent it to Dillon to have it refurbished. $77.00 and 2 weeks later I got a rebuilt unit that looked like it was brand new. I would imagine that they would do the same thing with a 1050 as well.

May be wrong, but I believe Dillon will refurbish, for free, the SqD, 550 & 650 but NOT the 1050 - no warranty on that one...

It has one but it's only a year. The only thing I have had to replace on the 1050's that I have has been the oraface tip, that is the same one that the SD and 550 uses. I told them that I knew that they were the same but I needed some extras for the 1050's and would pay. They were sent for free anyway.

I'll say it again if Dillon opened a restraunt they would feed you again for free, next time you were hungry.

No one uses this business model but 30 years later, shaking my head all the way, it still works. Very well.

My presses that are the oldest would go for 4 times what I paid for them "way back when".

If Ford worked the same way a '76 Pinto would be worth $40,000 today.