Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fort Benning 3-Gun 2013!

Hi all,

Man this is WAY more work than I recall! We'll as Sandra informed all via email we had to make a venue change, all things considered it is for the best. NSA had to make a business decision, and I think they made the right call. It was a 2 comma contract versus a 3-Gun match it sucks but it had to go this way.

Legion adds a whole new level of awesome potential as they have more real estate to play with, and as most of you know I can not let that go to waste so we are redesigning the stages. Don't worry, full round count will go out next week for now plan on 100-125 per system with 15-20 slug.

What to expect, a technical hose fest! Not overly physical but movement is involved, you will have to shoot well and fast, but you will not need wheels, and you will not confuse this match with selection! There will still be 8 stages 3 3-Gun, 4 2-Gun and 1single, all with some serious twists and surprises. You'll shoot slug to 100 yards and your rifle to 350-500 yards, but this will not win or lose the match for you.

I hate that I have to ask you to trust me but over the years I think I have earned the right to ask for your trust that we will put on a match that will make you happy you came a sad if you didn't and that is a promise.

I really need those who signed up but have not yet paid to send in you check ASAP. Also a few dropped out so we have slots so tell the world so we can get this event full!

Check out Legionotg.com to see this amazing facility.

EOTech and Adams Arms are the major match sponsor, and they came in HEAVY!

We do have a full prize table, and I'll have more about our amazing sponsors soon, just know they are great!

On a personal note please do not take my lack of posting here as a lack of effort or concern. I have been working on finding a job and putting this match together plus retiring, it has been a full plate. I have planned it so most other things fad out over the next week and I will then live a breath SE3GC!

Thank you all for your trust and support!

R,

Aaron Hampton

MD, SE3GC

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have been getting a lot of calls regarding round count and distance. Please refer to this post. I can assure you, and if you don't believe me-ask others who previously attended the Ft. Benning Matches, these men know what they are doing in stage design and implementation! You will have a fantastic time. If this match proves to be 1/2 of the last Ft. Benning match, it too will be selling out within seconds with a wait list of 400! More work for me, and more fun for you!

Anyway, there will be 3 side shoots-I am told. So bring extra ammo for your Shotgun and Pistol. Rifle ammo will be provided. Prizes to be given away at each side event, so be sure to come ready to play. I am sure you won’t be disappointed!

Cheers!

Sandra

2013 SE3GC Stats

Edited by Ms. Kitty

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a match hotel? I just tried to book at the Days Inn and I am hoping there is a block of rooms reserved for the match rather than it already being full.

I think the Days Inn is it in Blakely and it's ain't big, so it's probably full. I made my reservation as soon as I found out about the location change as I know there aren't many options nearby. Cuthbert, Colquitt, or Dothan are your best bets, but keep in mind Dothan is central time and the range is eastern.

Ugh! That's ugly. Maybe ill rent a motor home.

Is there a match hotel? I just tried to book at the Days Inn and I am hoping there is a block of rooms reserved for the match rather than it already being full.

I think the Days Inn is it in Blakely and it's ain't big, so it's probably full. I made my reservation as soon as I found out about the location change as I know there aren't many options nearby. Cuthbert, Colquitt, or Dothan are your best bets, but keep in mind Dothan is central time and the range is eastern.

Yeah, that's the only downside to the location. The facility (Legion) kicks ass though. Cuthbert is only about 30 minutes. Dothan gives you the most eating (and other civilization) options, but you lose the hour in the AM.

Jesse, if you do, there is a State park about 4 miles away. Sites are about $28 a nite. Water and Electirc, no cable or sewer.

Though a bit far Dothan is not a bad choice. I did it for the TFD3G match in June and everything worked out well. Actually better, as I sprained my ankle during the RO shoot and I had plenty of ice at the hotel and easy convenience to the corner drug store for Ace bandages and Epsom salts. The roads between Dothan and Legion are pretty wide open except for the speed zone through Columbia, AL and a short section on the northwest truck bypass around Blakely. Another tip after a couple years working in eastern time zone and residing in a hotel in the central time zone, I set all my hotel clocks to eastern time and manually set my cell phone to the same and was never late to work.

Will sign-in arrangements be the same for this match now that it has moved to the Legion facility?

I am not sure what you are asking....Do you mean to register for the match? If so, go to www.se3gc.com and preregister there. You will be given a confirmaiton and password that you can use in the future to check to see if you payment has been made. If you mean to pick up scoresheets/squadding assignments/schedule/pick up ordered T-Shirts, you will need to check in/register at the range. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you

Edited by Ms. Kitty

I will open REGISTRATION for the ROs and "Friday Shooters" on Thursday, December 6, 2013 from 2:00-5:00 pm at the range. Registration will open for "weekend shooters" on Friday, December 7, 2013 from 12:00-5:00 at the range. If necessary, Sat at 7:00 am but please try to make the registrations times if possible :D

Thank you-

Sandra

2013 SE3GC Stats

Edited by Ms. Kitty

Will sign-in arrangements be the same for this match now that it has moved to the Legion facility?

I am not sure what you are asking....Do you mean to register for the match? If so, go to www.se3g.com and preregister there. You will be given a confirmaiton and password that you can use in the future to check to see if you payment has been made. If you mean to pick up scoresheets/squadding assignments/schedule/pick up ordered T-Shirts, you will need to check in/register at the range. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you

WAIT!!!! do not click the LINK!!!! It is the wrong one that one will take you to the asian "dating site" and spam your computer.

the match website is http://www.se3gc.com

Edited by george76904

2 questions:

1) Will either of the long guns need a sling for any of the stages?

2)For those of us who are traveling from far away and won't arrive until late Friday, Saturday morning check-in/registration/squadding at the range is ok?

2 Answers:

1) No

2) See post 184 limited registratrion on Sat am.

What's the best/cheapest/easiest airport to fly into for this one?

Albany GA and Columbus GA both have very convenient, small, airports that are pretty close to the range (1 hr. drive). From either of those airports your only choice is to fly to Atlanta and there are about two flights per day. It will likely be more expensive than flying into Atlanta, but depending on your origin it may only be one connecting flight.

Obviously, Atlanta has lots of flights to anywhere in the world all day long. That airport is a good 3.5 hour drive from LOTG (probably closer to 4 hours in the real world). Hartsfield-Jackson is a huge airport and getting into and out of the airport is a pain and likely another hour added to the trip.

The Tallahassee airport is smaller and much more convenient than Hartsfield-Jackson. It's about a 2-hour drive to the range. The tickets will likely be a little more expensive than flying into Atlanta, but it may be worth it.

Just the observations of someone who lives in SW Georgia and has made lots of travel arrangements (business and family) in the past several years.

Cheers,

Kelly McCoy

What's the best/cheapest/easiest airport to fly into for this one?

Jesse, I think the Dothan AL airport flies Delta and does a connector to and from Atlanta, so it may be easiest and closest to the match for you to go to Dothan by way of Atlanta; also should be some nicer hotel options in Dothan.

Edited by Bullittmcqueen

Hello all!

Know you may not realize it from watch this thread or the web site but things are moving forward fast and on track fora great match. Of course I would like to have the stages posted for you all to look at and stress over Andi have worked hard to get them up, but my web/ illustrated has been under the weather and busy with another project so this took a ack seat. I have every hope that they will get completed and post soon. It is absolutely my fault, but a little out of my control at this time I hope you understand and know that the stages on the ground will be completed on time and ready for your enjoyment.

All refunds have been mailed, if you do not see it by Wens send me an email so i can figure out what is going on.

New refunds are closed. If you have a great story or reason let me know but by now if it was a venue change decision it should have been made, and with the match so close and the wait list depleted it is a necessary step.

Everything other than the stages being posted is on track and will be ready for a world class match! See you all soon!

Know you may not realize it from watch this thread or the web site but things are moving forward fast and on track fora great match. Of course I would like to have the stages posted for you all to look at and stress over Andi have worked hard to get them up, but my web/ illustrated has been under the weather and busy with another project so this took a ack seat.

Looking forward to this match. Given the great facilities there, it's going to be fun I'm sure.

Can you tell us the longest distance rifle shot?

PLEASE READ:

If you have NOT MAILED in your entry fee as of this posting, please BRING IT WITH YOU TO REGISTRATION. I will be leaving for the range on Monday and will not be home to check the mail for entry fees.

See you there!

Sandra

2013 SE3GC Stats

2 questions:

2)For those of us who are traveling from far away and won't arrive until late Friday, Saturday morning check-in/registration/squadding at the range is ok?

2 Answers:

1) No

What does limited registration mean? We will not be arriving until almost midnight on Friday night, ruling out Friday registration for us two traveling together.

2 questions:

2 Answers:

1) No

What does limited registration mean? We will not be arriving until almost midnight on Friday night, ruling out Friday registration for us two traveling together.

2 questions:

2 Answers:

1) No

It means only a select few. I will not register all 100+ people on Sat morning. Most everyone will register on Fri during the times. If you need to regsiter on Sat, then notify me. I will accept your response in this post to mean you will be one of the Select Few!

Edited by Ms. Kitty

I just received a call from the holiday inn express in Columbus telling me they heard the match was moved and asking if I wanted to cancel my reservations there. Huge props to holiday inn express for reminding me! That is why I am posting. Don't forget to cancel your old hotel reservation.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser