Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fort Benning 3-Gun 2013!

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That definitely got me excited! I need to start training now with the setup I'll be using.

For those that have shot 3 gun in the winter, anybody wear thin gloves?

Wear gloves and use hand warners when not shooting. You won't get cold the 15-90 seconds your on the clock.

Anybody have video of this bridge thing in action?

There has been substantial speculation about the weather for the SE3GC. I understand that for some of the previous Ft. Benning matches the weather has been unpleasantly cool. On the first week of December it is possible that even south Georgia will be cold, but it doesn't seem likely. I live about 60 miles from Blakely (north of Blakely). I remember attending a Christmas party last year wearing a short-sleeved Hawaiian shirt and being one of four guys at the party wearing Hawaiian shirts. I'm not expending a lot of resources on handwarmers.

Cheers,

Kelly McCoy

I plan on doing the boy scout thing by bringing gloves but I will be surprised if I need them. as far as the bridge goes I am not going to freak out till I see the stages. that's when I will

freak out

I plan on doing the boy scout thing by bringing gloves but I will be surprised if I need them. as far as the bridge goes I am not going to freak out till I see the stages. that's when I will

freak out

You are one smart guy!

I was fortuneate enough to make the last three FB3G matches and I can tell you tha tby the end of the day it was generally warm, warm enough often for a T shirt, but in the moring there could be frost and in fact the waterhose to the RV was FROZEN soild one day!

Gloves, Handwarmers, hats, warm shirt and pants, and wool socks. Oh, and ligher stuff as well. Be Prepared.

I am in southeast Tennessee and the weather in the last few weeks has been kinda crazy. Cold enough for frost in morning and tshirt weather in the afternoon. hopefully its a little warmer down south

I have never been one to comment on how cold or hot it is. I mean I'm "that guy" the one who goes out when its snowing in shorts, a t-shirt, and barefoot. However here in south Georgia it tends to be cool in the mornings and then perfectly fine warm weather in the afternoon. I am expecting it to be like that this december same as last year. However I will have pants and a jacket in case it gets cold! HA!

That definitely got me excited! I need to start training now with the setup I'll be using.

For those that have shot 3 gun in the winter, anybody wear thin gloves?

Wear gloves and use hand warners when not shooting. You won't get cold the 15-90 seconds your on the clock.

Anybody have video of this bridge thing in action?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkrCYOWL7J0 Chris Tilley

Can you tell me if you have received my check? I mailed it in September, but it hasn't cleared my bank yet.

Thanks!

Tyler Brown

Ooltewah, Tennessee

Yes it was received. I kindly refer you to post 101 in this thread. I look forward to seeing you at the match! The stages are looking great!

Hello everyone! I'm sorry for the delay in posting the stages, the designs went out the window last week as we walked around Legion. Originally I figured we would just modify the stages we had already designed but we just have too many options so we started over. Stretch up takes some time so probably will not be until the end of the week good news is the ammo estimate is good approximately 125 per gun including 15-20 slugs. Also do not forget to bring extra for the pistol and shotgun side match, we will provide ammo for the rifle side match, great prizes for each!

I'm in Orlando right now for the International SWAT Round-Up so refunds are a little behind, if you haven't received it by today it will go out Friday.

If you haven't sent your entry fee in please do so as soon as possible, and let your friends and enemies know there is space available so sign up!

The lodging at Bagby State park is filling fast, if you want to stay at this amazing facility please book immediately.

Thank you all for your support I look forward to seeing you all in a few weeks!

VR,

BigHamp

I was fortuneate enough to make the last three FB3G matches and I can tell you tha tby the end of the day it was generally warm, warm enough often for a T shirt, but in the moring there could be frost and in fact the waterhose to the RV was FROZEN soild one day!

Gloves, Handwarmers, hats, warm shirt and pants, and wool socks. Oh, and ligher stuff as well. Be Prepared.

What Jim says - at 8am gloves, coats and hats are normally needed, by 10am things warm up nicely..... based on 4 years shooting the match that is..... mind you I remember it once snowed in Mesa in April...... :goof:

Anyone know the address at or near the range?

Jesse: See post 131 Also Legion has a facebook page for thoe of you who haven't been there yet! It is an awesome facility.

Awesome! Looks like it is pretty close the Valparaiso Airport in Florida. I think I'll work on my tan and tolerance on the beach on before or after this match too.

Is there a match hotel? I just tried to book at the Days Inn and I am hoping there is a block of rooms reserved for the match rather than it already being full.

I think the Days Inn is in Blakely and it ain't big, so it's probably full. I made my reservation as soon as I found out about the location change as I know there aren't many options nearby. Cuthbert, Colquitt, or Dothan are your best bets, but keep in mind Dothan is central time and the range is eastern.

Edited by davehorn