Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Antagonizing the IPSC List!

Shooter Grrl

Quote: from MBneACP on 9:16 pm on July 8, 2002

Okay Shooter Grrl!

I haven't been this popular since I said range officers would always be secondary to shooters!

Your adoring fan...

MB

Lol....say that to IPSC world body, or better yet IROA...lmao...there'd be a stoning....current policy is more like everybody is secondary to  RO..(especially the "professional" RO types, you know who you are...still remember which end of the gun to hold?)

Pat

• 1 month later...

I'm at it again - this time I'm taking on Woolley and his idiotic statements about how to "escalate issues" through the chain of command at a match.

He also had the nerve to call us whiners and one guy sent an off list message to me telling me I needed to "grow up" :-)

But alas, there's been no more responses - they're scared!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at 'em again - here's todays attempt to rile them:

So I've noticed that 99% of the discussions (arguments?) we engage in on this list are based on the assumption that shooters will cheat any time they're given a chance....

Sorry folks, but I got a problem with that assumption!!!!!  Most of the shooters I know will GAME, but they certainly will not cheat nor blatantly violate a rule - why do y'all think otherwise?  Why do y'all spend so much time defining and defending situations that will never occur?

Kath

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

My life just isn't exciting enough these days - so I'm at 'em again over on the IPSC list... Wish me luck guys, hopefully someone will want to "engage" this time around :)

Here's what I wrote...

Uh, HELLO JOE - get a clue please. This is the UNOFFICIAL IPSC LIST. Had you bothered checking either of the official sites, www.uspsa.org or www.ipsc.org say, last OCTOBER - you would have seen the new rules. Prior to the vote of the IPSC GA in October, the drafts were posted and updated regularly on both of these sites as well.

And don't even get me started on the "shoulda sent" statement!!!!! Take some responsibility please

Shooter Grrl

In response to this drivel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Ipsc-bounces@ipsclist.org [mailto:Ipsc-bounces@ipsclist.org] On Behalf Of smokinj38

Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 1:34 PM

To: ipsc newsletter

Subject: [ipsc] re:get a life

criss, this is just one of the rules we heard about, how about the "no tool to clear a jam" rule. how many others have been changed that we have no idea about. if nothing else, the proposed changes should have been sent, at the very least, to the ro's, cro's, range masters, and stats people to see if they were even remotely possoble without causeing a complete "cluster" in the first year of enactment. joe(explitives left out this time)blazek. enyone can play the middle name game. after all, this is a game, right?

I just don't understand how what seems like the four remaining active subscribers to the IPSC list can get all riled up about something the cooler heads here have known about for months and could pretty much care less about.

Who can tell me the last time 3 or more no-shoots were scored on a single target at a USPSA nationals? World shoot?

Kath,

You have no idea how much I regret responding to a request to send a post to the unofficial IPSC List/Digest (through the kind assistance of Rob Boudrie) concerning this week's "The sky is falling" brouhaha over the maximum two hits per penalty target. Apparently this revised rule will cause the complete collapse of IPSC shooting, a rise in global warming and a massive shift in the time/space continuum.

Anyway, it won't happen again, and I'll punish myself by going to bed tonight without my usual serving of milk 'n' cookies :(

And, once again, thank you Mr. Enos for giving us a venue where people with cooler heads and open minds can discuss matters of mutual interest in a friendly and constructive manner.

I still like Rob B.'s unofficial ipsc list and I appreciate that he's worked hard to keep it available to us for so long. I still like and respect most of the people on there. I am one of them and I was there for several years before I came here.

Yeah, I'm not putting down the list and all Rob's efforts in keeping it going by any means (I have my own little Texas IPSC list and that's plenty enough work), but sometimes it seems to devolve into a protracted chat/rant session between a few vocal people that has little use to most everybody else. I bet Rob sees the number of 'unsubscribe' requests shoot up every time something flames up.

I signed up for the (unofficial) IPSC list middle of last year, spent a few sessions perusing it, set up a mail handling rule to stuff the e-mails in their own folder and promptly forgot about it. Just checked and found 865 e-mails waiting to be waded through. Anyone out there wanna' get up to speed and have them all forwarded to you, raise your hand, I'm not looking in that folder for love, or money :D

--

Regards,