Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

This normal? How close is too close?

mike g35

Use a set of feeler gauges. You gonna shoot this at Pro/Am, Mike?

No, I'm gonna shoot my 17 there. For obvious reasons I've not mentioned this yet. I am going to be shooting this in every USPSA match from after the Pro-Am to this time next year. One gun, one division, for one year. That's the only way to get where I'm trying to get skill wise.

Mike I know you've moved on and I'm a bit late checking in on this thread, but for anyone else that comes across this question, here's a couple shots of the mrs' match master with cheely mount:

esytudes.jpge3enunym.jpg

And here's the bit of slide wear that I can only attribute to hitting the cmore during recoil (slide does not touch when cycling by hand):

e7u5y7ah.jpg

And lastly the bit of wear on the optic:

uhyju3uq.jpg

-424D57

Just an update for anyone that might run into the round top slide / 90 degree mount dilemma. I talked to Camerons Custom today, their mount WILL fit without issue. They've purposely built the new models to allow the use of any common slide profile. Just FYI.

"....I don't have a caliper that'll measure mine it's so close, and I have dial and digital calipers here. It's basically touching."

For future reference, for a measurement like that use feeler gauges (like you find at sears). You can also use shim stock, or possibly music wire depending on the situation.

Edit: Whoops - I thought that post 25 was the latest post in this thread, didn't see the whole second page...doh! I'll leave my comment as it still is correct. Sorry.

Edited by Bamboo

"....I don't have a caliper that'll measure mine it's so close, and I have dial and digital calipers here. It's basically touching."

For future reference, for a measurement like that use feeler gauges (like you find at sears). You can also use shim stock, or possibly music wire depending on the situation.

Edit: Whoops - I thought that post 25 was the latest post in this thread, didn't see the whole second page...doh! I'll leave my comment as it still is correct. Sorry.

correct and appreciated. The real question is why didn't I think of using feeler gauges to begin with? LOL Thanks for all the help guys. Edited by mike g35

I figured I'd revive this thread and tell y'all a story that would give you a laugh (yet it frustrates the hell out of me). So I bought a second 2011, a STI Trubor, and I bought a Camerons 90 degree mount this time from shooters connection. This time I played it smart and called Camerons to make sure the CMore would not touch the slide. They assured me it wouldn't. Well, all I can say is DAMN. I installed it today, this ones worse than the Cheely was. The scope isn't close, it's forced down onto the slide. I have the WORST luck with these things. Either STI is drilling their guns extremely low or I'm missing something in the installation. I'm pretty sure I know how to insert 5 screws into a mount and 2 into a CMore though, so it must be STI at fault.

I called Camerons and they're gonna make it up to me but I'm still looking for that 90 degree mount that'll work on a round top slide stock STI. Un-f'n-believable.

Probably be cheaper to have the slide flat topped.

Definitely. I'm gonna send this one out for some work soon anyway. I wish it would work with the upright CMore mount truthfully. But I don't see that happening. Not easily anyway.

Use a set of feeler gauges. You gonna shoot this at Pro/Am, Mike?

No, I'm gonna shoot my 17 there. For obvious reasons I've not mentioned this yet. I am going to be shooting this in every USPSA match from after the Pro-Am to this time next year. One gun, one division, for one year. That's the only way to get where I'm trying to get skill wise.
Guess I lied Joe. LOL

I had planned to shoot my 17 there, BUT things have changed, as you know. MM it is.

I used the Brazos mount on my Trubor. .032 clearance between slide and optic. I also picked up a Camerons mount, but chose the Brazos because of the set back. The Camerons cleared my slide just fine. Maybe STI misdrilled the frame. There is a thread here somewhere with a drawing of the frame hole measurements, I think Cheely posted it.