Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 Holster, So Many Holsters So Little Time

Smitty79

I am about to put some DP sights on my G34. I don't think my Uncle Mike's G17 holster that I grabbed from the bargin bin will be able to clear the front sight (.335 in). I am looking for something with simple retention (no button to push) that would be legal for IDPA, can use a belt loops or the Safariland clip around the belt system (Not ELS)

My Google Fu skills aren't getting there. So many holsters and not quite good enough descriptions.

Smitty, this is My Opinion but unless I'm swapping holsters or pouches A LOT, I have grown to despise the techlocks unless I'm using my 2" belt. The belt tension adjustment is always needing attention no matter what generation tech lock I have. This causes holster shift on the draw & defeats the purpose of having a heavy, non torquing belt.

Just to throw out a darkhorse in the race here would be G-Code. I was stuck with an issued SERPA in the military that I needed some solutions for, and they made a multitude of adapters to go along with their holsters as well as the SERPA's. I also just ordered one of their limited edition MARSOC edition holsters where they were donating proceeds to injured marines. It looks pretty cool with the red kydex interior and their "tactical black fuzz" outer coating (think black velvet). One of the benefits I find is that if you end up doing more than IDPA and you use their RTI mounting system you can very easily move the holster from one mounting solution to another. i.e. a paddle or no drop for IDPA, and a 2" drop for USPSA/3Gun. This system worked really well as a turret gunner because you could wear it on your chest while in the turret, and once you dismounted you could move it down to your belt in a matter of two second.

P.S. I also have a Blade-Tech DOH and a Comp-Tac in various styles and can't say I necessarily have a favorite.

Smitty

+1 for CompTac. This may be an non-issue but the Tek locks might put it too far out to pass the new silly dowel rule. Unless of course you have a bit more ballast in the middle like I do