Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Opinions on the CZ P-07 pistol?

JesseM

• 2 weeks later...

yes you can..same style mag catch

Hmm. That makes it a bit harder to decide. The P01 is the one that was tested and NATO and all that stuff but there is realy no reason to think that the PCR will be any less reliable. I kind of prefer that profile.

Pick either you want. Both are reliable and shoot great. The PCR will be a little bit easier to carry.

That's exactly what I was thiking but I'm having trouble finding holsters for the PCR... then again I guess it's the same profile as the CZ-75 compact the only difference being decocker vs safety so maybe I need to do my search again.

dustcover is slightly different..you might see it under the description 75D compact.

I have the bladetech eclipse holster for the PCR in stock. with the PDS and Razor hardware for IWB carry.

I have a P07 Duty in .40. One of the first things I did was get the night sights since I too intend to carry it eventually. NOTE: the replacement Night Sights from CZ are plastic too.....

I just need to get some more rounds through it before I'm comfortable carrying it. Overall, I like the pistol....

It also comes with a second set of safeties, so you can flip back and forth from DA/SA to SA only mode.

Byron

I like the P-07 a lot. For the price I find it to be my favorite ploy gun, what really sets it apart is the Omega trigger system that allows you to switch back and fourth between decocker and safety. If I could find one and had the extra cash laying around I would pick up a p-01 or p-06 in a heart beat.

• 3 weeks later...

dustcover is slightly different..you might see it under the description 75D compact.

I have the bladetech eclipse holster for the PCR in stock. with the PDS and Razor hardware for IWB carry.

Good to know. Anything for the appendix position?

Picked one up from Gander Mountain w/ the silly Tac-Light and i love it. I put the cheap light on my bed gun and the P-07 is my main carry gun. Really accurate and the trigger is pretty damn good out of the box.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the LGS had a PCR in stock. They had a P01 in stock as of last night according to the salesman but seeing the PCR in person I pulled the trigger. Now I need to find a holster. Preferablly both a appendix carry holster and a IDPA legal holster.

I've been thinking about picking up one... looking for opinions. Looking for a carry gun that I might shoot some IDPA and USPSA matches with occasionally. I'm mostly a Glock guy but I started off competing with a CZ, I just told myself I'd never get another gun that I couldn't reverse the mag release on which is they the P-07 is on my radar.

Anyone have any experience with them? Good sight or holster recommendations?

I have had my P07 for a while. First off, I really don't like plastic guns. I prefer the old steel guns but, for what it is, the P07 is a very nice pistol. It has a great feel to it (much better then a Glock), grippy texture, large trigger guard to allow gloved operation without problems, nice capacity. It hides much better than a G26/27.

I prefer the hammer to the striker fired stuff. A lot of my colleagues don't like guns with hammers - maybe I'm getting old.

Sights - well it came with a U-notch rear. I did not like them and replaced the rear with. TAS Sight. Much better.

Trigger- very nice trigger out of the box.

Swapping the decocker for the manual safety is easy and only takes a few minutes.

Holsters- selections are slim. CZ offers some, Zahal has some but most likely you won't be able to walk into a store and find a huge selection (heck, you might not find any)

The P09 is the same gun, just in a full size frame. As far as competing with it goes - well that's up to you. My opinion is the P09 will have a longer sight radius but if you also want to CCW it then it's going to be a larger piece to hide. Getting one gun to do everything is a compromise and you'll have to pick what's more important to you.

But the gun itself is worth having. Hope it helps.