Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Opinions on the CZ P-07 pistol?

JesseM

I've been thinking about picking up one... looking for opinions. Looking for a carry gun that I might shoot some IDPA and USPSA matches with occasionally. I'm mostly a Glock guy but I started off competing with a CZ, I just told myself I'd never get another gun that I couldn't reverse the mag release on which is they the P-07 is on my radar.

Anyone have any experience with them? Good sight or holster recommendations?

Make sure you get a recent production model. They improved the materials of the frame...the first generation had a tendency for the frame to bulge. I love CZs, but never been a fan of plastic guns...

Edited by pivoproseem

I have a P07, and I like it. Well, I really like it because it was a raffle prize from the Florida Open! Anyway, it's been my carry gun since I got it. I'm a big guy and its easy for me to conceal in the winter and spring months, but during the summer it's a little tougher. I use a Crossbread Super Tuck. The gun shoots pretty well. I don't shoot IDPA so can't help you there, and I wouldn't consider it for USPSA, ( i shoot an SP01 in Production ). When I shoot USPSA, I want competition sights, not carry sights. I suppose I could change them, but just never saw the need.

I recently picked up a S&W Bodyguard for summer carry. NIce little gun I can stick in my pocket and run out the door. When the weather gets cooler, I'll switch back to the P07.

i've never held a P01, but looks like a nice shooter. Like I said in the beginning, I won my P07. Not sure I would have purchased it as my carry gun.

Been playing with a P07. Haven't done much, but so far its been good.

It feels and points pretty good. Trigger is reasonable.

Sights need some improving.

75 mags will fit and function , SP01 mags will fall out.

Looking forward to having some fun with this.

That's strange because all my SP01 mags work fine in my P07.

Fun review of the P07

I like mine, picked it up after I started shooting a 75 shadow in IDPA. Shoots and points well for me, would not hesitate to shoot it in IDPA, would like different sights though. After shooting the 75 shadow from CZC I feel like the trigger could be improved a bit, but I figure tats just cause I'm spoiled from my shirt reset trigger. Will be waiting to see what Eerw does with hs project :)

Edited by Akacala

Get a P01

The P07 is an ok pistol but I like the P01 better. A lot of people love them and the omega trigger isn't half bad but also can't be improved much either.

I really like that I can reverse the mag release on the P07. As far as I know there is no way to do so on the P01 or I'd be looking at that. That's a big must for me on any gun from here on out.

I have a P07, and I like it. Well, I really like it because it was a raffle prize from the Florida Open! Anyway, it's been my carry gun since I got it. I'm a big guy and its easy for me to conceal in the winter and spring months, but during the summer it's a little tougher. I use a Crossbread Super Tuck. The gun shoots pretty well. I don't shoot IDPA so can't help you there, and I wouldn't consider it for USPSA, ( i shoot an SP01 in Production ). When I shoot USPSA, I want competition sights, not carry sights. I suppose I could change them, but just never saw the need.

I recently picked up a S&W Bodyguard for summer carry. NIce little gun I can stick in my pocket and run out the door. When the weather gets cooler, I'll switch back to the P07.

i've never held a P01, but looks like a nice shooter. Like I said in the beginning, I won my P07. Not sure I would have purchased it as my carry gun.

Most of my matches I go to I go to because I'm looking to compete but sometimes I'm looking to just have fun, I don't think the P07 would be my primary competition gun but it'd be cool to shoot some matches with it just for the hell of it, to get some practice with it... partly I just like knowing I could shoot it in a match if I wanted to.

Edited by JesseM

The P01/P06 and Compact L compact guns you can switch the mag release to right hand side.

You can reverse the mag catch on the P01 FYI.

And things just got more interesting... I like this option much better as I already have some mags that will work... hmmm.

That's strange because all my SP01 mags work fine in my P07.

I tried them,,,and when I shoot it the mag will drop out. I can also wiggle them free off the mag catch. so probably just a slight tolerance issue.

Personally, I'm waiting for the p09 to hit before I start jumping into them.

The P09 has landed just have to find one :)

I would also like to have a P01 with a manual safety but wasn't an option until a few months ago.

I would also like to have a P01 with a manual safety but wasn't an option until a few months ago.

Really? I thought they were still a month out for the 9mm models.

Really? I thought they were still a month out for the 9mm models.

There have been some P-09s out there. Matt Mink has one listed on Gun Broker at http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=348126016.

I followed an old link to that Gun Broker auction and it redirected twice to new auctions so I guess no one has been snapping that gun up.