Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TruGrips

Nemesis Lead

Hi All,

Based on the advice in this forum (always awesome), I ordered some TruGrips for my Glock from Eric Wiesselman's (sp) website.

That was almost 2 weeks ago. Nothing appears to have shipped and I sent him a couple emails and have heard nothing back.

I sincerely do not mean to bash a vendor, I am just asking......if this company still in business?

He's a Total Flake and ships it whenever he feels like it. You will get them, i took a month for me to get mine.

The positive thing is they are the best grips bar none. I've tried them all and his are superior.

Make sure you have clean hands and alcohol the Sh!t out of grip on your gun.

I've had them on for almost a year and they are perfect. Also i trimmed mine on the top and bottom a little.

Hop this Helps.

I posted the same thing a couple months ago, never got a response. I fought it with paypal and after almost a month got my money back. I ordered trugrips from mannyusa.com and i got them within a week. Great product, but ericwesselman.com is crap

I bought the Gorilla Grip from CPWSA and loved it for a pre-cut option. However, I ended up cutting my own out of a sheet of Jessup skateboard tape for cost reasons. After all the work to get it right, I should have just bought more of the Gorilla Grip.

Also, I love the idea from Eric's site about using black super glue to stick down the edges of the tape. I've used the same glue that Eric mentions (found it at a hobby store but also on Amazon), and also used the Gorilla brand thicker super glue that I found at Home Depot. The glue really helped keep the edges down, so that dirt doesn't work up under the tape and make the tape lift up. Definitely extended the life of the tape for me.

• 5 months later...

Still no word from this guy. This is very disappointing. Guess I will just dispute it on my credit card.

MannyUSA is out of stock. Anyone have any favorite non-TruGrip grip tape?

I got my last sets from Manny. Quality was great, shipping and customer service second to none. I was surprised when he answered the phone himself. Wesselman makes a quality product but I to had problems contacting him to place an order.

Talon grip is a nice pre cut piece of grip tape

I tried the Talon and i like the cut and initially it seemed good but on my gen 4 i just don't think there was enough surface area to stick to because it constantly rolled all over the place. I would imagine it would work a lot better on a gen 3. Thinking about trying it again though.