Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Picked up a 75B SA... what to do?

mspiredm3

Just picked up a 75B SA and of course, modding most ensue immediately! I don't know much about the 75 platform like I do the SP01 platform... Already dropped in a 13# main spring and 12# recoil spring. I would like to build this for production class.... would a CGW Kit 3 hammer be legal for production? I can not remove the FPB while staying in production correct?

I guess the planned mods would be:

-CGW Kit 3 Hammer & Sear Kit

-CGW SRS

-CGW Extended Firing Pin

-CGW Reduced Power Firing Pin and Firing Pin Block springs

Still production legal? Any other suggestions?

Open Gun for sure, this is mine.I recently changed out the sight to a C-more RTS much better and Jimmy added a slide racker,we also re-drilled the trigger to add re-set and pre travel adjustments.

CZOpen_zps8ff08f56.jpg

Edited by Big Dog Howie

Holy shit that is sexy! How much and where do I send it to?

Jimmy vindanes at 1911 speed Shop in Riverside (he is on facebook too)

The cost for the Top end(supplied by you,comp is milled from solid bar stock and is a cone type) is between $1000 and $1200 depends on what you want,Magwell is from CZ custom with some of Jimmy's

cuts on it,Competition hammer,grips are also from CZ custom

Holy shit that is sexy! How much and where do I send it to?

Jimmy vindanes at 1911 speed Shop in Riverside (he is on facebook too)

The cost for the Top end(supplied by you,comp is milled from solid bar stock and is a cone type) is between $1000 and $1200 depends on what you want,Magwell is from CZ custom with some of Jimmy's

cuts on it,Competition hammer,grips are also from CZ custom

Thanks for the info. A little more than I anticipated. Couldn't justify spending that much on this gun for that right now. Would rather put that towards a top end 2011. Hell, I have yet to even shoot an open gun yet. Need to do that first!

Call CGW and get the race hammer and SRS.

Most likely the route I will be going with this one.

Short reset trigger for SAO?

Is that not possible? The reset on it is not as short as I know it could be

The short reset trigger CZC developed uses a custom disconnector SAO pistols don't have a disconnector. The CGW kit addresses slack in the firing pin block lifter, but if you're not shooting Production you can simply remove the FPB. If your pistol still has a block, that's where the majority of your take up is, a race hammer with shorter hooks will also reduce travel. Your trigger has both pre travel and over travel screws right?

Edited by kneelingatlas

• 3 weeks later...

That is one sweet open CZ there. I only did a CZC mag well, Rear Sight Front Fiber optic Hammer Trigger removed the bottom bump to make it flat. and extended the mag release.

You don't need disconnector to have excellent trigger on 75 SAO. Just loose FPB.

I got one in 9mm, tried it both ways - with and without FPB -- GREAT difference!! If I could shoot mine without FPB in IDPA - I'd ... you would prolly already seen a video on Youtube :)

Back on subj. The gun is excellent for SD with or without FPB.

The story is a bit different in competitive sports thou.