Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NRA D-1 'White' Tombstone targets

Does anyone know where I can get some? I need them for the Rocky Mountain Regional at the end of the month.

I've looked at a couple of the normal suppliers but they don't show the 'no-shoot' version

Thanks

John

As Revoman stated we just painted them white. They do tend to curl when painted though. I'm thinking butcher paper and spayon glue. The rules say you may paint the target. Which ever way it must remain the same throughout the entire match.

As Revoman stated we just painted them white. They do tend to curl when painted though. I'm thinking butcher paper and spayon glue. The rules say you may paint the target. Which ever way it must remain the same throughout the entire match.

The only issue with using paper would be covering the perforation around the edge. That could make it hard to determine if the full bullet diameter was inside the perf for shots close to the edge. Cutting the paper to fit inside the perforation would be a PITA.

The only issue with using paper would be covering the perforation around the edge. That could make it hard to determine if the full bullet diameter was inside the perf for shots close to the edge. Cutting the paper to fit inside the perforation would be a PITA.

John, My NRA D-1 have no perferations around the outside. You can use the back as you would not need the scoring rings. If the outside edge of the paper is not torn then the bullet is not wholely in the no shoot. Just my thoughts. later rdd

John, My NRA D-1 have no perferations around the outside. You can use the back as you would not need the scoring rings. If the outside edge of the paper is not torn then the bullet is not wholely in the no shoot. Just my thoughts. later rdd

If there is a hole and the outside edge of the target is intact then the bullet IS wholly in the no shoot and a penalty is due. If the outside edge is open then it isn't a no shoot so no penalty.

At least that is what I thought you meant.

-ld

If there is a hole and the outside edge of the target is intact then the bullet IS wholly in the no shoot and a penalty is due. If the outside edge is open then it isn't a no shoot so no penalty.

At least that is what I thought you meant.

-ld

Thanx jhgtyre, that's what I meant to say. Just got old and tired all at once. later rdd

There is no official NRA D1 or AP1 "No Shoot" target as the NRA doesn't have no shoot targets in an match. Paint a big x on them or paint them white. Also no D1 or AP1 target has perferations on the outside edge. That is another game. As stated by Bubber if the edge of the target is open to the bullet hole then the bullet is not a full diameter on the target.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the ICORE facebook page:

"Toni Clancy of the Reservation Dogs Club has arranged with Alco Targets to produce some white D-1 targets. They will be available for order in about three weeks. No more painting no shoots. Thanks Toni."

Sounds cool. I assume that they will be normal D-1 targets in white and should then be approved ICORE targets. HOwever, If they are just white tombstone shapes, they would not be official targets.

Good idea though!

Chris

"Toni Clancy of the Reservation Dogs Club has arranged with Alco Targets to produce some white D-1 targets. They will be available for order in about three weeks. No more painting no shoots. Thanks Toni."

Sounds cool. I assume that they will be normal D-1 targets in white and should then be approved ICORE targets. HOwever, If they are just white tombstone shapes, they would not be official targets.

Good idea though!

Chris

How would they not be official targets?

Good idea though!

Chris

How would they not be official targets?

From my interpertation of the rule, the only "scoring" target is the NRA D-1 and the NRA AP-1. My interpertation is based on the steel targets we can use. None are forbidden, The white side of the NRA D-1, if they are made that way, is not a "scoring" target and will be legal. To me that makes sense.

I think you are right. the rule book has little to say about "no shoot" targets.

"5. No‑shoots are targets that are indicated as a non‑engageable target. Only full bullet diameter hits will count as a penalty. (21 Jan 13)"

It doesn't specify what kind of target can be used.