Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SV Infinity

CaptRob

I have an older style SV with the plastic grip. I have been contemplating sending it to Brandon and having one of the new medal grips installed. Before I send it off I would like to get some input from people that are using the new grip. I am looking at the one that mimics the angles of the plastic STI grip.

The exact one I am looking at is the Traditional for medium to large hands with aggressive micro pockets. I could also use some input on whether I should go aluminum, steel or stainless.

They're heavy and feel different. I have the signature grip in stainless steel. Also you're gonna have to change all your mags. If you use it for USPSA Limited they are not gonna offer you aluminum grip.

Edited by JetPow

I have the small traditional grip - love it. I believe the medium/large closely approximates the circumference of the old plastic grips.

SV is a little spendy in light of the newer CK and PT steel grips that have become available but you'll not be disappointed with the SV.

If you have any concerns, contact Brandon. He has never failed to respond promptly and answer any question I have had on three projects.

Figure another $550-600 for mags and it would not be worth it to me. I would contact Matt Cheely and get one of his grips that will be compatable witj your mags. The total cost will be closer to $500.00.

I have steel grips on three of my SV guns. I only use SV mags. The mags work in all the guns regardless of new or old.

I guess from the 'on three..' you could surmise I am in favor of the steel grips. My hands are slightly big but not with fat fingers. I am palm most basketballs but not crush bricks. :goof:

I like the heavier feel of the gun. It is a very stable platform. There is no reduction in my terrible draw times. Transitions are really smooth.

So here is the mistake I made, Sandy showed me the new grips at Tulsa Nationals one year-right off the machines. I should have transition to them then rather than wait a couple of years. I do not regret the expense of moving all my competition guns to the steel grips.

post-11054-0-82933100-1371060199_thumb.j

I have steel grips on three of my SV guns. I only use SV mags. The mags work in all the guns regardless of new or old.

I guess from the 'on three..' you could surmise I am in favor of the steel grips. My hands are slightly big but not with fat fingers. I am palm most basketballs but not crush bricks. :goof:

I like the heavier feel of the gun. It is a very stable platform. There is no reduction in my terrible draw times. Transitions are really smooth.

So here is the mistake I made, Sandy showed me the new grips at Tulsa Nationals one year-right off the machines. I should have transition to them then rather than wait a couple of years. I do not regret the expense of moving all my competition guns to the steel grips.

What holster do you use?

Well I got my quote back fom SV and it came to $1000. As much as I want to put one of their new grips on I just can't spend that kind of money on a grip. I am looking in to a couple of companies that are now making a medal grip or the 2011's.

I only use Safariland holsters. I have their race holster and multiple other types.

They make a holster for a full dust cover gun also.

What do you think of their race holster?

I had a Ghost holster. Twice my gun fell out. That was all it took to go to Safariland. In an effort of full disclosure, I had an older version of the 012 but was always nervous about the retention system. I never had a gun fall out it just did not seem secure enough by just turn the knob. So I went to the ghost. I thought it would be more secure.

I got a deal on a 013. I like the little switch to lock the holster. I also liked the adjustments on it. I modified an ELS plate to accept the holster. I won a 014. I have been playing with it. I did not have any real reason to switch other than the awesome color.

I have a boat load of their other holsters. I use different ones for 3G and SS.

The way Scott supports USPSA is another reason why I support their products. A few years ago I was at RM3G with Scott and the FN team. The ELS system proved its value at that match. Their ability to easily modification their set up was a boon.

My understanding is that USPSA was giving 1/2 off Safariland cards to people who renewed their membership. Might want to call them.