Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

single stack mag issues

Aric

I have Tripp 10mm mags. I am using these mags in a 40S&W 1911. I load my 40s 1.19-1.20. As I shoot the top cartridge is pushed toward the front of the mag (down range). I assume this is from friction between the cartridges in the mag and the slide. When the top cartridge is pushed forward the mag will not drop free. Please help.

Thanks,

Aric

I also have been using Tripp 10mm System mags. I don't think they are really a 10 round mag. The product packaging label says 9 rounds. I know they start with a ten round body and shorten it up to fit the box. Are you guys getting 10 rounds? Reloadable?

Paul

I also have been using Tripp 10mm System mags. I don't think they are really a 10 round mag. The product packaging label says 9 rounds. I know they start with a ten round body and shorten it up to fit the box. Are you guys getting 10 rounds? Reloadable?

Paul

Yep 10 rounds of .40 using Bayou 180 g., loaded to 1.180 fits fine. Only time I do that is when practicing due to USPSA rules. It's nice to have the 9th round in the mag I load before starting a stage.

I just received some of these mags to use in my modified Trojan. I find the extra rounds cause mag flaring and thus don't allow them to drop freely. Have limited success with smooth feeding as well. No problems with my 9 round Tripps, but I really want to load to minor PF for IPSC.

I'm using Tripp 10mm mags (9 & 10 rounds)with no issues in my custom SS. My OAL is 1.137. Same load also works fine in my custom 2011 Limited gun. As far as bullets, using Berry Plated. Have shot in the past 180gr. Truncated & Truncated Round Shoulder with no issues. I now shoot Berry 155gr. HBRN for both guns with no issues, same OAL 1.137.