Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm moving to springfield in a month... Any recon you have would be great. Or some AAR's from the matches you shoot.

Sparta is Great, been there a few times already. G3G has a match June 6 but I can't remember where offhand. Not sparta this time.

Weekly Match indoor in Pochantas thats run by Jeremy as well. Wednesdays at 6pm, rampart range.

Where are you at in IL? I'm always looking for someone to travel with.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm moving to springfield in a month... Any recon you have would be great. Or some AAR's from the matches you shoot.

Sparta is Great, been there a few times already. G3G has a match June 6 but I can't remember where offhand. Not sparta this time.

Weekly Match indoor in Pochantas thats run by Jeremy as well. Wednesdays at 6pm, rampart range.

You may want to look into Brittney Shooting Park for future events.

http://brittanyshooting.com/

Jeremy and Aaron of Gateway 3-Gun had the first match this past weekend in the new bays. 35 yrds W X 50 yrds D. The berms were just built and the doozer tracks were still rough because they couldn't smooth them out because of the weather but the match was a blast.

This should be a coming attraction for more G3G events.

Check out this video from one of the shooters.

Steve

Here's another resource for practical shooting close to Chicago, focused mostly on southern Wisconsin, northern Illinois and northern Indiana. The calendars are pretty useful for us in the NE corner of the state.

http://www.wiilshoot.com/

These are a couple of the dedicated 3-gun clubs in the region:

Indiana Multigun

Action Shooting Sports

Gateway 3-Gun

There are other club matches scattered around, but Gateway and a couple of ranges in the Indiana series would be your best bets out of Springfield. The heads of each group are active on this board.

Welcome to Illinois, the last holdout against concealed carry in the U.S. (hopefully soon to change).

Looking for 3 gun matches in Illinois sanctioned or outlaw ..either way

Kyle -

Check us out on Facebook

and on the G3G Website

you should also take a look at the upcoming Nordic Component Practical Shotgun Challenge

and if you plan to shoot many Pistol, 2-Gun, or 3-Gun matches this year you might be interested in our G3G Point Series

Hope to see you out shooting soon!

Springfield is about 40 miles from me.....welcome. You won't be real far from PASA.

• 2 months later...

there will be an outlaw 3 gun coming in sept.

Another match is scheduled for September 29, 2013

5 multi gun stages – with an added pistol stage

Watch for more information in the next newsletter

For more information call Eric Henson 309-258-3116

e-mail: dubltap2@gmail.com

Tri County Gun Club in the Northern Illinois Section is the place up here for 3 gun.

Every match (4th Sunday) is a 3 gun match. Shoot 5 handgun stages in AM and

break for lunch which is included in the match fee ($25) and shoot 4 long gun

stages in the PM (2 rifle/2 shotgun). Done usually by 1530. You can just shoot

handgun ($15) including lunch.

Tri County Gun Club in the Northern Illinois Section is the place up here for 3 gun.

Every match (4th Sunday) is a 3 gun match. Shoot 5 handgun stages in AM and

break for lunch which is included in the match fee ($25) and shoot 4 long gun

stages in the PM (2 rifle/2 shotgun). Done usually by 1530. You can just shoot

handgun ($15) including lunch.

Will eventually try to make a match there also..mostly been trying to get to as many within an hour or so of me...

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...