Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Strange Things You Like to Eat

Jon Merricks

Flex,

I'll be trying that (natural) peanut butter, tuna, and mustard real soon. It sounds nasty, but I'm a big fan of all 3, separately. One question: Do you just use regular mustard? Because I spoon Boar's Head mustard right out of the jar. Ummm.

be

Okay Kyle,

I have to say I wasn't quite as excited as I was hopin' for. Maybe it's a proportion thing, or maybe the Laura Scudders peanut butter is a bit too pure. Or, maybe I just needed more Boar's Head to drown out the Pbutter. ?

;)

Maybe I built it up too much.  Try playing with the ratios?

Remember how good it is for you (lots of protein).  When I was still in the service, I always packed tuna and peanut-butter wherever I went (never know what kind of food you will get on trips to other countries.)

Flex$$-- PNut butter and tuna are the staples of my life, I think. The amount of protein in each can't be argued with. Be sure the PNut butter is not the stuff with sugars, paraffin, hydrogenated weirdnesses and other crap in the ingredients list. It's virtually indigestible. Only the 'natural' (contents: peanuts) PNut butters will do.

kspeer--PNut butter on pancakes has GOT to be good!!

t-loop--Sugar on tomatoes...? Hmmm, I dunno about that one.

OK, here's a SiG Lady secret from the 1960s... I used to eat these humongous sandwiches containing tuna, cheese, PNut butter and some other thing which I've since forgotten. Entirely digestible, believe it or not. I was stunned outta my head, however, about five years ago on a temp' job assignment to see a fellow worker eating the very same sandwich and raving about it. I could hardly believe it! Now, what are the odds of that kind of sandwich popping up like that, anyway?? Perhaps there's hope for me after all.

Try it, I promise you will like it.  Kind of runs through the digestive system if you know what I mean!  Either way, the two BEST food inventions are burritos and peanut butter in no particular order....