Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm heavier bullets question

jjw

does anyone make a 9mm cjb bullet heavier than 147. i need to reload some for a 9mm can and various 9mm carbines it fits

i CAN NOT SHOOT LEAD thru a can. bad juju

i am an experienced re loader this is not a beginners idea.

just cant find the bullets

need 5-10k

sitting on tons of 1f brass

powder of choice

primers

hav lots of 9mm carbines and sub guns

kel tec

baretta storm

colt 9mm 8" upper for an sbr

mp-5 sure cant shoot lead in that big kaboom.

my real world load is 147 speer gdhp. workd perfectly just damned spendy.

once i develop a load that runs the guns and is silent i will just load up a ton and throw thenm in a bucket in my work room

t.i.a.

jjw

Have you looked at any of the 140+ grain 38 special projectiles? Lots of different choices in the 140 to 160 range...

If you want a 160 RN, Bayou Bullets has one that is molly coated.

Have you looked at any of the 140+ grain 38 special projectiles? Lots of different choices in the 140 to 160 range...

moly coating is bad thing in mp-5's has that polygonal barrel thingy.

tks to all

vigilante solvrd my problem. had some israeli black tip of thatstuff years ago was a smoker but did the job kjust not quiet.

tks again all

jjw

moly coating is bad thing in mp-5's has that polygonal barrel thingy.

tks to all

vigilante solvrd my problem. had some israeli black tip of thatstuff years ago was a smoker but did the job kjust not quiet.

tks again all

jjw

Bayou must be a different molecular structure than moly, and my Gun smith and his blow tourch said Bayou didn't cut it, well the proof is in the shooting. Moly (Precision and BlackBullets) would fowl the barrels in my CZ and Sig guns. Bayou's the barrel is cleaner after shooting. I tried them in 9 major at 1400fps and no problems. I think you should give them a try, they may be just the trick. They don't smoke up the joint either. My favorite production 9 mm is the Bayou 135gr, tried the 147 but the 135 just gives me enough slide speed with low recoil and flip. 3.8gr of N320.

• 4 weeks later...

Bayou must be a different molecular structure than moly, and my Gun smith and his blow tourch said Bayou didn't cut it, well the proof is in the shooting. Moly (Precision and BlackBullets) would fowl the barrels in my CZ and Sig guns. Bayou's the barrel is cleaner after shooting. I tried them in 9 major at 1400fps and no problems. I think you should give them a try, they may be just the trick. They don't smoke up the joint either. My favorite production 9 mm is the Bayou 135gr, tried the 147 but the 135 just gives me enough slide speed with low recoil and flip. 3.8gr of N320.

Are you using Bayous in your open gun? I have a gun being built and will be making my first foray into 9mm major. What's your open load with them?

From what Hi-Tek claims you can push a rifle bullet with no gas check to 3200fps. True or not IDK but I haven't been able to push any of my 9mm bullets fast enough to cause any leading.

Also not sure about running them in a MP-5 or a silencer but I don't see why they would be any different than a FMJ.