Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Holster for STI Edge

• 4 weeks later...

COM (Center of Mass) holsters by far the best out there

I just ordered a COM holster today! I read in another post last week about how you recommended these. I shoot 3 gun out at Rio and have seen you out there, I will introduce myself at the next match.

i had a question for you, what cant do you recommend? I ordered "zero" but wanted your advice. I only shoot 3 gun and do not shoot open.

Thanks!

Jason

I just ordered a COM holster today! I read in another post last week about how you recommended these. I shoot 3 gun out at Rio and have seen you out there, I will introduce myself at the next match.

i had a question for you, what cant do you recommend? I ordered "zero" but wanted your advice. I only shoot 3 gun and do not shoot open.

Thanks!

Jason

Hey Jason,

Zero cant is what I run also as it keeps the gun right where you want it. If you want to change the cant later you can always do it with the holster attachment system you are using or drill a couple of holes in the holster mount it self. Feel free to check my set up out at the next match in a couple of weeks.

B

Thanks!

Jason

Hey Jason,

Zero cant is what I run also as it keeps the gun right where you want it. If you want to change the cant later you can always do it with the holster attachment system you are using or drill a couple of holes in the holster mount it self. Feel free to check my set up out at the next match in a couple of weeks.

B

Cool, thank you very much for the reply! Do you use an ELS belt?, On my Glock, I was using the ELS 34/35 mounts, but for the Edge I was thinking I will use the QLS 19 / QLS 22 mounts. Do you have any advice on that?

Thanks again!

Thanks!

Jason

Hey Jason,

B

Cool, thank you very much for the reply! Do you use an ELS belt?, On my Glock, I was using the ELS 34/35 mounts, but for the Edge I was thinking I will use the QLS 19 / QLS 22 mounts. Do you have any advice on that?

Thanks again!

QLS for sure and ELS for everything else.

Thanks!

Jason

Hey Jason,

B

Thanks again!

QLS for sure and ELS for everything else.

Great thanks for your time! I really appreciate it

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Great info in this thread - thanks guys. I too am interested in looking at the blade Tech WRS but I shoot an STI 6". Does anyone know if Blade-Tech makes a WRS model for a 6" pistol? Mine has the short dustcover standard wisdth frame. I thought about just getting a model for the 5" and opening the end up with a heat gun, just not ideal for front sight snags, etc. Thanks in advance for the help!

Mike

On the Blade Tech website you can choose the OWB holster. On that page it gives weapons options. One is the STI 6" Eagle which is what you describe. You can pick color, cant, belt size, etc.

Good luck,

• 3 weeks later...

Another one for Center of Mass . . . I have the Blade Tec for The Edge and the COM is way better, smoother and has good offset and adjustment.

The owner of COM is great to deal with and very pro-active in his customer service..

I am using a QLS system (for the pistol Edge) for my ELS belt, but had to modify both the QLS mount plate and my ELS belt for it to mount up right because the QLS mount plate holes do not fit the ELS belt (go figure . . . I called Safariland and let them know this should be fixed . . ) but it all works fine.

Another one for Center of Mass . . . I have the Blade Tec for The Edge and the COM is way better, smoother and has good offset and adjustment.

The owner of COM is great to deal with and very pro-active in his customer service..

I am using a QLS system (for the pistol Edge) for my ELS belt, but had to modify both the QLS mount plate and my ELS belt for it to mount up right because the QLS mount plate holes do not fit the ELS belt (go figure . . . I called Safariland and let them know this should be fixed . . ) but it all works fine.

The QLS was designed for duty belts, not the ELS system, which was designed for equipment only (the holsters for ELS normally attach directly to the belt) and is targeted mostly at competition. We all just adapt what is best for our gear.

The QLS was designed for duty belts, not the ELS system, which was designed for equipment only (the holsters for ELS normally attach directly to the belt) and is targeted mostly at competition. We all just adapt what is best for our gear.

Yes, But the ELS fork obviously is not strong enough for an STI Edge and a full load of (21 rnds) of 180 gr ammo . . . Perhaps some additional R&D mods to the QLS plate would make the QLS plate work with the ELS belt for a truly compatable modular system . .