Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best 1x4 scope under $800?

DrLove

MTAC/TAC30 for a new scope, or watch for someone selling a Meoptaq K Dot that is up grading to something else.

I have hit plates at 425 yards with 55 grn hornaday handloads.

So what's a good price on used Meoptaq? I know so,some local that has one for sale

I have seen the Meopta K-dots show up occasionally in the $600-$800 range used. A new z-dot is around a grand new. The k-dots were in the 800-900 range new. They are built pretty stout.

Robert

Look on ebay. Euro optics has a demo scope on ebay right now with a "buy it now" for $750 with free shipping.

I have bought several scopes from Alex of Euro optics. He supports competitive shooting and you can buy with confidence from him.

Robert

The Nikon 1-4 with the Point Blank Reticle. Clear, bright, and a big field of view. My wife has a Leupold 1-4 on her MSR and the Nikon is brighter and has a much larger field a view. The Point Blank Radical takes a little getting use to, it's a rather large dot, but it works well for 3-gun. From 50-200 yards if the dot is covering it, it's a hit. 5-50 yards I know it's going to be an inch or so low (POI). But I really like mine.

Edited by mjmagee67

I have an mtac and a trijicon and a buddy's rifle that I often shoot has a viper. If I were to pick which I liked best it'd be the trijicon just for the clarity of glass and the best 1x of the three but I'm only shooting out to 300 on rare occasions, i just zero at 200 and center on everything that's in the 4 moa size. I'd love to be able to mash up all three and make the perfect scope for me but unfortunately I don't own a optics manufacturing facility. The viper is a close second though and it has decent holds and turrets that are easily used to dial for distance. The 1-4 field is packed with quality under 800, hell the most popular ones I see are all 600 or less and some of those even include price of a mount.