Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

East Texas Section Match & A4 Steel Championship

I'm planning on it. Filled out my match entry today and will mail it Monday.

Flex, it's steel challenge using USPSA divisions, near as I can tell/remember. I had a blast last year, having never shot any steel challenge stuff prior to that match. Looking forward to this year for my second attempt, and hoping that the weather will be good. :ph34r: Last year the weather was great Saturday, maybe even a bit hot. Then the temp dropped like 40 degrees and we got wet on Sunday. . .

Bryant

I think I remember you guys talking about this last year.

Do they shoot all 7 of the actual Steel Challenge stages? OK...found some info...looks like 7 Steel Challenge stages (175 rounds clean). The USPSA match is 6 stages, 135+ rounds.

Looks like they shoot the Steel on Sunday only, and the USPSA match on Saturday only?

Are there shoot-offs too?

At the Clark Range, near Shreveprt, LA

http://www.texaseastsection.org/

Will be trying to swing it <_< could use one more points series match you know :blink:

If so will be shooting the "shootin iron" revolver divison,(yes I know Jerry will be gone to AZ)

HOPE it is better(weather wise) than the Mississippi, Tennessee, and Areas 4&6 :angry:

Hopalong

oh yeah congrats RENEET on 2nd B High Lady at MS section :D

Looks like they shoot the Steel on Sunday only, and the USPSA match on Saturday only?

Are there shoot-offs too?

There were all 7 stages last year. The section match is saturday and then we tear down 4 of the bays for the steel match. No Shoot offs. At least that is how it was last year. The weather sunday was quite a trip though.

We will shoot 6 stages (USPSA Sanctioned Point Series) on Saturday, tear them down and then put up the 7 current Steel Challenge stages for Sunday. Info and apps for both matches are on our home page at www.texaseastsection.org . Come on out and shoot with us.

Wayne

Just found out that Tom Duchman of Action Shooting Supply will be attending the match. If there's something specific you need (powder, primers, bullets, etc.), make sure you call or e-mail him asap and he'll bring it with him.

Action Shooting Supply

Phone: 504-279-9097

Fax: 504-271-7737

l1670@aol.com

• 3 weeks later...

SECTION MATCH SOLD OUT!!!

Wayne Miller just stopped by to ask me to spread the word. The East Texas Section Championship this Saturday is a full capacity.

There is still room if you want to come shoot Steel on Sunday.

I'm getting a room Friday night.... but I don't think my wife would appreciate it splitting it (shes coming along for a change). Only shooting the Section match on Sat - while the Steel match is a blast, couldn't swing a 2 day match into my travel plans :(

See everyone there! :D

Shaun

weather update: Current conditions: WET but not currently raining

tomorrow will most likely be reminscent of the MS Classic ... fairly steady rain with bursts of heavy rainfall.

good news is temps are supposed to stay 60 +

bring cleats & rain gear

Well we got the section match in Saturday with no rain :) My road partner and myself then hit the road not planning on getting wet shooting steel...

I do not know who won the steel match, or how wet they got (betting on waterlogged though) but I can tell the results for the section match.

Limited - Bryant Chaffin

Limited 10 - Tony Phan

Open - Ken Hicks

Production - Matt Mink

Revolver - Rudy Waldinger

The Match was very well organized as we were done by 1:00 or so and all the stages were fun to shoot (except the one where I shot the No-shoots)

Wayne had 80 or so for the section match and I would go back next year if possible.

Congrats to the winners, for the East TX section (especially for no rain) and way to go Rudy....

Hopalong

Oh yeah, great match Jeeper ;) and good meeting you shred :huh:

Luckily the rain held off for the steel match also. Although the rain the night before left the range extremely muddy. Thanks to all those involved in putting on the match. I look forward to seeing the cattle gate again at the Area 4 match next year.

John, not possible. I'm going back this week, and burn it.....Will give it a eulogy with very well chosen words! Congrats on first A open, be glad to see you go to Master.

Thanks to Wayne Miller and all the East Texas Section guys that put on a fun match.

Wayne posted them to the TXIPSC e-mail list last night. They go sorta like so (no stage breakdowns.. :( )

Roy Stedman OPEN M 80.59

Karl Rehn OPEN M 82.07

Kay Clark Miculek OPEN M Lady 89.01

Jake Hicks OPEN M Jr 89.41

Delman Walker OPEN A Sr 92.51

Max Michel Sr. OPEN M 96.41

Bryant Chaffin LTD GM 97.54

Stuart Browne OPEN U 100.46

Matthew Mink Prod GM 100.64

Tony Phan LTD A 102.36

Gary Thibodaux LTD A Sr 102.83

Trapr Swonson LTD M 104.05