Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip stippling

Bob Hostetter

Burwell does an excellent job. You can do it yourself, and it works, the problem is that usually it comes out looking like you did it yourself. I wouldnt buy a used pistol somebody did themselves with a soldering iron.

• 1 month later...

I've done my 9c and my 9Pro on my own... I started with the back straps, because those are easy to replace, if I biffed. I masked my frame off with painters tape in the pattern I want and went to work I started at the top and worked my way down then around. I think both guns took about 30 min each, start to finish. I used a Dremel VersaTip. As long as you don't totally screw up (burn to deep), it's easy to fix.

• 2 weeks later...

here's mine....first try...it's not hard at all. just use a lead pencil to outline the shape you want for edges...and then just go REALLY slow. if you go slow you will not dick it up.

also I found that the battery irons are great for getting a closer grip on the point and staying more precise but they do burn batteries. I would use a heavy rubber band to hold the button down so it stayed hot and to keep my hands relaxed and it worked great...but I did go though about 10 batteries doing this M&P

post-48412-0-25412700-1372796667_thumb.j

Edited by jriggs