Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The time has come............

Only had the 650 for less than a year. Got LOTS of advise from the forum. Well, a baby is on the way and I lost the spare bedroom that all my reloading stuff was in. So now everything is crammed into a corner of a second living room. Nothing has been touched in about 3 months :( sad I know! I have no where to set this puppy up at.

What is a good discount to sell all my Dillon stuff at? I was thinking a 20% discount off what they have listed on their web page. Is this reasonable?

So your giving up shooting altogether? I honestly would not give anything firearms related up right now. Suck it up and keep it in storage at least until the kaos calms down. You could also do what I did after my divorce.... rent a small storage locker and set it up as a reloading room. I got a special of $20 a month for a 6 X 4 for 6 months. Put a bench in there and just went by once a week to load 400-500 rounds.

Pack it up and put it away. Plan for the future when babies get expensive and be glad you have reloading gear you can set up.

If you sell, you will regret it in the very near future.

This!

If you sell it now and start shooting again in 3 or 4 years and have to replace it you are going to pay more. I know my first 1050 was around 1100.00 and today they are 1700.00. Loaders don't eat anything when they are stored.

With a baby on the way the extra money will come in handy..put it on Ebay!...otherwise i would say help out another fellow reloader with a "deal" ..but since its baby related..ebay for some good cash

My XL 650 and all the extras were in storage for about 15 years. During that time, I thought many times about getting rid of it. I'm glad I didn't. Eventually, there will be a time and a place in your life, to set up the press. So, unless you absolutely need the money, I say stash it for another time and place. BRC

Edited by WideOpenThrottle

I say pack it up and store it or build a small reloading bench to use it on. I don't have a ton of extra space here and cant bolt anything to wall etc and set mine up on one side of a walkin closet and built the bench to fit exactly in the space I had. Very little space is actually needed for a loading bench to have an effective loading station.