Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VV powders unavailable?

MoNsTeR

http://www.escribe.com/sports/bullseye/m47016.html

I tried ordering VV N310 thru Natchez and Champions Choice.  Apparently, VV had lost its DOT certificate to ship its powder through UPS or US Postal Service.  It has been 2 months, according to Customer Service at Natchez, and he does not know when this issue will be resolved.

Anyone know if this is true?

(If it is I'm hosed, VV is all I use and I'm out!)

Noah (& Stuart as well),

I don't know if you're going down to A2 or not but if you wanted to take advantage of Ivan's offer, I could mule some back up to CO for you.

It wouldn't be a "major match" trip if I didn't have 50K+ of primers and enough powder in the back to make a really impressive fireball.

Ken

I had some serious trouble ordering N320 earlier this year. Between the local rep and Kaltron, I don't know who was BSing me. After that I decided to find a different powder to do the job. Much easier on the nerves and wallet.

New Thread Old Topic.

The original classification that was given to the powder was incorrect and should have and can till the reclassification only be shipped by placarded truck (very expensive) Anyone shipping Viht right now is breaking the DOT laws. Kaltron tell me that they hope to have this resolved in the next 3/4 weeks.

We have all or most viht powders in stock and will have hem at the AZ 400 and Area 2, if you need to preorder then do.

angus@ghosthoster.com

Thanks for warning guys. My local gun dealer confirmed the info. When I asked him when he thought the DOT mess would be resolved and VV would come back he said............."I was once told Jesus was coming back and I'm still waiting".

All his one pounders were gone, so I got a 4# jug of 320....should keep shooting for the the next few months or til JC comes back, whichever is first. :D

• 2 weeks later...

"Anyone shipping Viht right now is breaking the DOT laws."

This is an inaccurate statement. Just because you do not have any DOT approved boxes for VV does not mean that other distributors do not. The VV boxes are not DOT 4.1 approved. However, some distributors have their own boxes that were tested with VV powder to meet DOT specs. That is why other distributors are able to continue shipping.

"We have all or most viht powders in stock and will have hem at the AZ 400 and Area 2, if you need to preorder then do."

If you are still transporting VV powder in your own vehicle in their boxes, you are breaking DOT laws.

• 3 weeks later...