Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Made my own twins caddy and shell caddies

I have dabbled in some action shotgun and shot my first 3 gun match at last year's FNH 3Gun. But due to lack of funds and time (Mainly funds) I cant participate in all the multi gun matches I would like. As well as afford the cool gear I would like.

My friend had some spare kydex so I tried my hand at making my own kydex shell caddies. I have been trying my hand at a weakhand load and grabbing 4 shells. Im not fast but much faster than before when I started shooting shotgun in matches haha.

Here are my first attempts. Nothing pretty but they work.

diy_ky10.jpg

Here is my poor attempt at a twins rig on my molle rig. I modified a plastic shell side saddle and attached it to a plate of kydex and made straps for molle.

diy_ky14.jpg

Then I got ambitious and made a twins caddy. With the left overs I made a perpendicular slug caddy. (I didnt have any slugs handy for the pic)

diy_ky11.jpg

Here is my third attempt at the 4 shell caddy.

diy_ky12.jpg

And my high capacity twins caddy haha.

Yes, that is two stacks of 8 hehe. I use my weak hand to load these but I can flip the belt loops and shell stop at the bottom around and make this strong side reload.

diy_ky13.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

Sure. They wont be nearly as expensive as the Carbon arms haha. Which was my goal. Im sorry but $100 for 8 shells? Im not made of money. I rather buy ammo haha.

You may not be made of money (few of us are) but you also don't have overhead. (Insurance, workman's comp, social security, unemployment, etc)

Nice looking caddies, but I think it's important for us to keep in mind that people who are in business have more expenses than wages and material.

Sure. They wont be nearly as expensive as the Carbon arms haha. Which was my goal. Im sorry but $100 for 8 shells? Im not made of money. I rather buy ammo haha.

Solscud007

I am sure you weren't intentionally throwing a "gig" at anyone with this comment. I am guessing you were just making a statement of fact about the high cost of the equipment we use and you just picked a company making a product you were looking at immitating. Good job on your holders, they look great.

MarkCO - just a quick shout out for the class act. As the owner of Carbon Arms I am guessing you could have taken offense to a comment like this, instead you give out a kudo's. I like that. Shows "class" in my book.

Solscud007

I am sure you weren't intentionally throwing a "gig" at anyone with this comment. I am guessing you were just making a statement of fact about the high cost of the equipment we use and you just picked a company making a product you were looking at immitating. Good job on your holders, they look great.

MarkCO - just a quick shout out for the class act. As the owner of Carbon Arms I am guessing you could have taken offense to a comment like this, instead you give out a kudo's. I like that. Shows "class" in my book.

Oh no. I don't mean anything at any one or any product. Sorry for singling out Carbon Arms. It was just the first that came to mind. I was only poking fun at myself for not being able to afford the better built caddy systems. There is a obvious difference in quality. I'm sure the price is just, it is just I can't afford them.

And yes, an attribute to the carbon arms caddy, it was my muse. My first twins caddy was based on the carbon arms.

Here is a video of my first caddy attempts. With the carbon arms inspired design.

And my recent creations.

Edited by Solscud007

Solscud007,

I figured as much. Again good job on the caddies. I wish I had the patience and ability to build half of the stuff that I have purchased. When you look at some of the products you are often left with the thought "why the heck didn't I think of that".