Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much will Glock help, blew up my G35

elroyyboy

Unfortunately, I blew up my G35 Gen4 yesterday (I've got a topic called "kaboom" in the reloading 10mm/40 forum). I'd had it three weeks, purchased Blue Label from Kieslers. My question here is, what's the consensus on what help Glock might give me. Blew out the extractor, mag catch, and mag, frame is cracked on both sides and brass is melted to the chamber. It looks like a case head separation, I wasn't using a really hot load, and was using plated bullets. I'm not trying to get reloading advice here, just some input on if Glock will help me at all, or if I'm going to be buying a new G35...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to get reloading advice here, just some input on if Glock will help me at all, or if I'm going to be buying a new G35...

If I had to guess, I would say that you may be out of luck on this one because it was your reloads that caused the failure and not the pistol but your best bet is to call the good folks at Glock and ask them directly.

Bite the bullet, be more careful. Don't expect Glock to pony up the cash to fix a gun you destroyed by shooting reloads through it. It's a risk you knowingly took when you made the choice. It's worth a shot but don't be surprised if they tell you to go pound sand.

Steve

Edited by Steven420

Why would you expect Glock to help, What did Glock do to contribute to the problem.

You take your brand new ZX14R to the drag strip Friday night and you lose control, bike hits the cement wall, Who ya going to call.

My guess, you double charged the round. Not Glocks fault.

I live Atlanta and Glock has rebuilt several used Glocks for me (none with a Kaboom though!). They are VERY customer friendly at the Smyrna office. Suggest you contact Glock and ask for mercy and see if they will help you.

Unfortunately, I blew up my G35 Gen4 yesterday (I've got a topic called "kaboom" in the reloading 10mm/40 forum). I'd had it three weeks, purchased Blue Label from Kieslers. My question here is, what's the consensus on what help Glock might give me. Blew out the extractor, mag catch, and mag, frame is cracked on both sides and brass is melted to the chamber. It looks like a case head separation, I wasn't using a really hot load, and was using plated bullets. I'm not trying to get reloading advice here, just some input on if Glock will help me at all, or if I'm going to be buying a new G35...

A friend of mine blew up his 34 a few weeks ago with a double charge. He sent it in to Glock and they verified that everything was toast. They offered to sell him a replacement for a very reasonable price.

I understand that this may have been reloading related. I also understand that this could've been an out of battery issue, too. I've reviewed my reloading practices and have sought advice from some folks smarter than I on this forum.

BLUF (bottom line up front for you folks who haven't been around the military): if they don't at least participate in the solution of a 3 week old gun I'll be selling all my blue label Glocks and moving to M&P. I've owned and shot Glocks since 1996.

My $.02.

I'm sure they won't miss your business. Or having you blame them for your mistake.

$.02

Steve

I learned from my folks that if you don't have something good to say, don't say anything. You're welcome to use this as you probably never learned it.

I understand that this may have been reloading related. I also understand that this could've been an out of battery issue, too. I've reviewed my reloading practices and have sought advice from some folks smarter than I on this forum.

BLUF (bottom line up front for you folks who haven't been around the military): if they don't at least participate in the solution of a 3 week old gun I'll be selling all my blue label Glocks and moving to M&P. I've owned and shot Glocks since 1996.

My $.02.

Out of battery will not destroy a gun. Seriously. It might blow out a magazine but not total destruction of the gun. 95% you double charged the round 5% you got some serious setback issues. Either way it was your fault. You made the ammo.

Roger got it. I didn't infer in any way that it was the gun's issue. I'm hoping, not expecting, help from a company I've done business with for 17 years. Wouldn't you do the same?

Not when it was 100% my fault that the item got destroyed.

I have been a Nissan guy most my life. If I run my Nissan into a tree because of carelessness, do I expect Nissan to help me?

You have been a loyal customer for a long time. They have made money on guns you bought including this one. I would expect that they will either fix the gun or replace it for cheaper than you could have it done else where. No point in really taking a beating here, just send it to Glock, explain what happened, and see what they will do!

Mike

I blew up my G35 Gen4 yesterday

Take it easy with all the aggression guys; I don't see the OP blaming anyone for the detonation of his pistol, just asking for stories of anyone else in a similar situation and hoping to get a little help from the manufacturer.

I'm sure they won't miss your business. Or having you blame them for your mistake.

$.02

Steve

I learned from my folks that if you don't have something good to say, don't say anything. You're welcome to use this as you probably never learned it.

They obviously didn't teach you how to reload ammunition properly, nor how to read the manual that came with your Glock that clearly states not to shoot reloads through it or void your warranty. I'm sorry you took my response negatively. I was just stating that you threatening to take your business elsewhere isn't going to get anyone's heart rate up. They also don't need you blaming your mistakes on the product they sell. You'd be better off going after your press manufacturer for not making the reloading process idiot proof. Or blame Darwin for trying to remove your dna from the gene pool. Either way I'm over it. Good luck, looks like your going to need it.