Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

April 28th-Wayne County Raccoon Hunters Match

It is that time of year (FINALLY!!!) for our club to put on our first match. The 4th Sunday of the month (28th) we are having our standard 8-9 stage match. Typical round count is 190-220. Cost is $25 for non members. Stages are level III quality with some of the best competitors in the midwest attending. We have many guests from Canada attending our match's so you will allways see something different at our place. We even let the crew from Ohio back this year (Papa Joe's crew) with open arms .

Sign up begins at 8:30am and closes at 9:30am in order to squad everyone in the Nooks so that we can get shooting at 10am sharp. If you want to shoot with certain folks, have them get there early to register. Squads will fill up fast as we expect to break the 100+ shooter count this year.

Over the winter, we have acquired some new moving targets and our crew built another 30 walls for us to use in the match's.

Keep in mind that the May Match (26th) will start at 1pm due to our building the match that morning. Many of our members will be competing in the Ohio Sectional the day before so we will not get the match built with so few members. The past 3 years we have made this our Special Classifier match (6 classifiers and 2 field courses) and this has worked out well. Registration will open at 11:30am and will close at 12:30pm so that we can start shooting at 1pm. Cost is a bit more due to the number of classifiers. $30 for non members, $25 to members.

If you have questions about our match, directional needs or need hotel suggestions, do not hesitate to contact myself or Too Slow (Brian) or Woof (Rob) here on the forum. You can also check out our website:

www.IPSC66.com

See ya out on the range........................Roy

It's about time. I wonder who's job it will be to shovel the snow?

The snow will even out the rocks on the range floor.... :goof: Ya'll just gotta be positive.... and wear long underwear.....

BC

Edited by BillChunn

Papa Joe, otherwise now known as CRO Joe, we are honored to have you make your presence felt at our humble facility. How is that for a formal invitation? Shameless, eh?

As for the snow shoveling....who ever says those nasty word gets to go swimming in our "Victory" pool. We are planning on handing out sunscreen to our competitors since we are optimists at our place. No snow. They tell me spring is on the way but got pulled over in Ohio for speeding like everyone else we know here from Michigun. Maybe it got detained by all those nice Ohio State Troopers with nothing else to do?

9 stages are on the docket at this point. Ballpark 200 rounds. Could be more or a few less. All depends.........Either way, you don't want to miss it.

See ya on the range.

Roy

Mr. Seevers,

Only if you bring the golden gun for new shooters to see.....they just don't believe me when I tell them about you................

Good to see you last Saturday. Hope to see you in a couple of weeks.

Safe Travels my friend...................Roy

Roy

Please don't call me Mr.

It's The Bill Seevers.

Gold guns been gone a while. TiN did not hold up to 115 gr going 1500 fps. Little TiN pieces jam guns way way good

Gun is old fashioned hard chrome and works.

You hafta understand that I would shoot that gold gun if I could at any cost or effort. I miss it

Bill

PS bring that ST.. I mean that Infinity Single Stack We would like to check it out.

My apologies to "The...Bill Seevers".......The man of many men. "That Guy" is welcome to attend out match's anytime with or without a golden gun.

Yes, I will have the SV single stack available for you to check out. Not a big deal. Happy to have you guys make the effort and trip.

Safe Travels...............Roy

I am glad to hear it. I ordered you guys from The USPSA Tech Support Call Center in India back in November and you guys are finally showing up the end of this month? Plus, you got shipped to the wrong country again didn't you? I told them I was North of Canada but they didn't believe me. Does this mean that we have to pay "Duty", I mean Doodie on you guys coming accross the border again?

Just checking...I can allways use your help in the registration shack. People respond to the accent............

Safe travels to you my friend. Looking forward to seeing you............

R

Hi all, we now have a classifier picked out CM 99-13 Quicky II, and a round count for this weekends match. It will be 161 rounds. The reason for the lower round count than normal for one of our matches is because most of the stages are from European IPSC matches that Roy dug up. Most of them are medium length stages with 20 - 24 rounds so while the round count is lower the difficulty level per stage is up. Hope to see you at the match. As we did last year we are using the two bays on the end to make one bigger stretched out stage to challenge you more.

Brian

Edited by Too_Slow

Few more folks across the border are coming too. I am going to use this match as rehersal for Revolver nationals. :)

ps: if anyone need to talk to me about Practiscore, find me at the match

Few more folks across the border are coming too. I am going to use this match as rehersal for Revolver nationals. :) ps: if anyone need to talk to me about Practiscore, find me at the match

There will be a few Revo's there.

Fun match, rain and all! I looked at it as practice for those days your shooting a major in not the greatest weather. It's always harder, for me at least, to maintain focus on those days and this was a good test/practice for that. I think I did pretty good!

I enjoyed the stages. They might not have been high round count but most of them had at least a few ways to shoot them and made you think.

The Wayne County Crew rocks!

Fun match, rain and all! I looked at it as practice for those days your shooting a major in not the greatest weather. It's always harder, for me at least, to maintain focus on those days and this was a good test/practice for that. I think I did pretty good!

I enjoyed the stages. They might not have been high round count but most of them had at least a few ways to shoot them and made you think.

The Wayne County Crew rocks!

Nooks in the rain.... And each squad had their own creative solution. There was one where the scorer and the Nook were encased in a big clear plastic bag. One squad just yelled loudly and the scorer stayed under the nice dry tent. Others used a target bag over the Nook and still another squad had a permanently assigned unbrella for whoever entered the scores.

At the end of the match, it appears Too_Slow was able to pull all the scores successfully (thanks Brian!!) and the equipment survived.

If you happen to be missing an umbrella, there were three found on the range after the match. If you can accurately describe yours, check with Roy or the staff in the trailer when you return.

Good stages with multiple solutions and new this year.... FOOD and POP (SODA for the majority of you) ON THE RANGE!!!!

Now if the mud will come out of and off the cleats..... :goof:

BC

Edited by BillChunn