Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tell me about Extreme 180gr plated & Titegroup...

Dontask

I seems a little light for major but should still cycle well. I reload .40 S&W for my P226 with 4.7 gr. of Titegroup with 180gr Frontier JFP 1.130 length. for 940 fps or barley 170 power factor.

Edited by Zoomy

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this post. I am running titegroup with berry's 180 php in my G20 col is 1.260. I am running 5.4 gr of titegroup with CCI primers. Trying to work up a light IDPA load. Keep us informed how it works out for you.

Check out the "kaboom" thread. I blew up my G35G4 yesterday w a case separation. Looked at the gun in better light today and found cracks in frame and trigger. Still can't get the brass out of the chamber (no case head). I was using 4.3 TG under Berry's 180 FP. Look closely at your cases before and after sizing. I'm switching to a slower burning powder, probably AA#5 or VV. ugh.

• 3 weeks later...

I have ran 10K + of the Xtreme 180's through both a Gen3 glock 35 and a custom STI. I make Major with 4.3gr of titegroup in the G35, so for speed steel or 3gun, I usually run around 4.0gr. With my STI, loaded long, my 3G load is 4.2gr of TG, 4.3 sometimes makes major, but 4.4 always gets it.

I really like the Xtreme bullets and the last time I ordered them, I had purchased 10k in a group buy, they went way up in price since then, I only have a couple of thousand left, not sure If I will buy them again at their current price, it will depend on if I can get any discount for bulk and what prices are on other stuff at the time. If money was not an object, for a plated bullet, I prefer the Xtreme over Berry's and Rainer. They are not very picky about crimp, have a thick coating and shoot pretty accurately. I have loaded them down to 3.8gr of titegroup for training loads when im putting on small classes instructing people. Its reliable in G22 and G35, but really has very little recoil and we can work on building good fundemental skills without having students flinch as much.

Buying them in bulk sometimes you can save more by picking them up at the manufacturer. I try to coincide my Reno gun show trips with a pickup at the MFG. It has been a couple of years since I made my last purchase though.

• 3 weeks later...

I use Xtreme 180 grn. RNFP with 4.5 Titegroup. 1.125 COL in a XDM 5.25. 170 PF. Just got a STI Edge and increased OAL to 1.145 but haven't chronoed it yet.

I shot the Xtreme 180 RNFP with 4.5TG and 1.125" in my XDM40 5.25" this past week. I liked it. Light and snappy, but still accurate.

Just saw this post. I am running titegroup with berry's 180 php in my G20 col is 1.260. I am running 5.4 gr of titegroup with CCI primers. Trying to work up a light IDPA load. Keep us informed how it works out for you.

do you mean 4.5? I hope so. I load 180s over 3.2 gr TG for a real nice minor load. If you are really loading 5.4gr TG I would hope you are checking your primers. thats a pretty hot load

• 2 weeks later...

do you mean 4.5? I hope so. I load 180s over 3.2 gr TG for a real nice minor load. If you are really loading 5.4gr TG I would hope you are checking your primers. thats a pretty hot load

I am running 5.3gn Titegroup 180 berry's. primers are cci spp. Primers are fine IF they are fully seated.

Makes 198pf and smooth shooting from my Aperio

I used titegroup because I had it 4.6 gr out of a G35 and it barely made power factor. I switched to universal and it feels way smoother. Not near as snappy and makes powerfactor much better. Don't remember my grains of Universal but will check my notebook when I get home.