Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cancelled Rocky Mountain Western States Regional: April fools joke or

NicVerAZ

I just saw that on Facebook and was wondering if this was an April Fools joke or not?

http://www.shootingwire.com/story/284042

Since the Colorado law instigates a 15-round limit on magazines, and that most non-extended magazines are at 15 rounds and below (for 9mm), I was wondering it this was a joke or not, due to the date.

Can someone confirm this?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by NicVerAZ

Why would they cancel because of the up coming new laws? Don't other states with strict gun laws still have matches? So are matches in CA NY MA and others going to be cancelled now because of their strict gun laws. I know a lot of folks in the areas surrounding CO would be more than willing to come out and shoot. They could have pushed it back a weekend and made it happen. I noticed there are 3 major uspsa matches still happening this year in CO. Just hate to see IDPA give up on their shooters.

Gregory B

We canceled the Ruger Rimfire Worlds in CO, and it is not just a mag limit law. It was the only responsible thing to do. Read the laws in other states, then read all the new CO laws...there really was no choice for out of state competitors.

Yeah, I have a friend contemplating a move to Pueblo for a job opportunity.

She is not an enthusiast and I won't try to convince her to not lend her talents to a repressive regime.

I will miss the opportunity to visit and shoot, though.

I just saw that on Facebook and was wondering if this was an April Fools joke or not?

http://www.shootingw...om/story/284042

Since the Colorado law instigates a 15-round limit on magazines, and that most non-extended magazines are at 15 rounds and below (for 9mm), I was wondering it this was a joke or not, due to the date.

Can someone confirm this?

Thanks in advance!

FYI, many full size and popular handguns like M&P's and XD's have standard mag capacities of 17 to 19 rounds. That is more than 15.

As I understood the issue and reasoning (and I could be very wrong) there was concern about legal definitions of "transfer" in the new law and normal conduct of the match could / would require or facilitate shooters to viloate the law.