Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR Magwell

Singlestack

• 1 month later...

I put one on mine a few weeks ago. It got alot of looks at the last 3-gun match. It seemed to help on the reloads but I have not been able to get out and practice with it alot to make a final judgment on it. It looks really cool on the gun to.

I just put an Arrondondo mag well on my gun.. I haven't gotten to the range but I've been running around the house doing loads.... sure makes it easier on the run. I found it doesn't help the front to back errors but the side to side errors are fixed instantly.

Bruce P.

• 11 months later...

I agree with Bruce - it makes running reloads much easier for me. Your milage may vary.

I do find it interesting that the guys that give me good natured trouble about my AR mag well all have giant mag wells on their pistols :D

Go figure . . .

One note: you can't use Thermolds with the Arredondo mag well. USGI mags work fine.

SS - you selling your mag well? I'm interested if you are.

I've been known to take the good old dremel, and hog out the lower reciever just like we all use to do for the 1911. You can put on a really good "funnel" in a few minutes and really relieve the front to back problem also! I have done this to my pre-ban recievers also :o No gun has yet to be made that is too good for me to take the Dremel to :D You end up with a great mag well, and no one can see it so you don't get the kidding that the Arrendondo seems to attract! KURTM

They are sooooooo ugly. I can't (as yet) bring myself to putting one on a rifle.

Specially on a purple-anodized AR shown on their web site :lol: All you need is to dress up in purple/gray urban camo BDUs

One note: you can't use Thermolds with the Arredondo mag well. USGI mags work fine.

SS - you selling your mag well? I'm interested if you are.

Thermolds will work after a slight dremel mod. Mine slip right in and out now.

The magwell makes it a lot easier to mag change with the rifle mounted. Its a lot like hitting a Ice magwell on a pistol.

No chp5, mine is painted to match my rifle now and I don't care what kellyn says, it looks goooooooood :P

You think Kurts bad you ought to see my brother! He scares me as well and looks like a drunk evil mexican dentist with a hard-on for dealing pain to gringos!

Guy

I bought one of the Glend Arms magwells from Brownell's. MUCH better looking than the Arredondo! With a magcinch, you'll need to wiggle some rubber grommets between the top plastic buckle and the mags. This will give the mags a slight V shape for clearance. The well makes it SOOOOO much smoother to reload on the move!

Specially on a purple-anodized AR shown on their web site :lol:  All you need is to dress up in purple/gray urban camo BDUs

Don't bad mouth Ralph's rifle, he won't want to sell you stuff.

HEY....... EVERYBODY.....Benny finally figured out how to use the "capital letter" shift button! Let's all give him a big hug :lol:

If he thinks that is bad you ought to see the BIG file bit I have for the dremel!!! I can port a Benelli in 5 minutes and the ARs only take about 3!!!! It's kind of like sculpting, I just mill out everything that doesn't look like a funnel :D KURTM

If he thinks that is bad you ought to see the BIG file bit I have for the dremel!!! I can port a Benelli in 5 minutes and the ARs only take about 3!!!! It's kind of like sculpting, I just mill out everything that doesn't look like a funnel :D KURTM

kurtm, you are indeed dangerous with that WMD (Weapon of Mass Destruction) :D

I was wondering...If you have a vertical front grip... and a big mag funnel...and take the rear pin out... and fold the gun into...put it in a hard case overnight..will you get little ar's in a few months????