Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Couple DUMB AZZZ Questions!

perrysho

I have wanted an OPEN gun for a time.

When you see a nice looking Open for sale, how do you know that all the good stuff has been removed?????

How/how much to change one from .38SC to 9MM??? Can you use the same slide and change the barrell & mags?? Talking gunsmith doing the work.

Some Em Shooter Hot Shot Cats Wanna be well paid for the break-in, their labor comes high. LOL Some want a lot for used with unknown HISTORY. Maybe a nice BS story.

Last question, is it wiser to buy one from DAWSON and have him do a lil slick & tweek???

Have shot Steel Challenge 3 yrs with Comp.22 & C-More. Think I could catch-on quick.

Thanks for Info & Opinions,

Perry

99% of the sellers on this Forum are honest and represent their pistols, Limited or Open, exactly as the pistols are-number or rounds, equipment, etc. Don't believe I have ever read a complaint against any seller of Open pistols-you are going to get what you pay for.

i just bought an "open" gun... and from what i read about them... they can be a little bit "fussy" ... so i decided to buy new... i bought mine from Precision Dawson... biggest reason... ???? because if you plan to use it in competition... ask yourself what is the most important thing this "gun" should do ???? if you answer is "FIRE EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PULL THE TRIGGER WITHOUT FAIL....."..

my STI steel match has not had one hiccup from day one !!!

I just bought my first Open gun from the classifieds on this forum. It was a low round count 9mm. Very pleased with it. Sarge has seen it run (okay, more like crawl/walk :roflol: ). Now, if the shooter could only perform to the level of the gun...

I think the reason why people charge so much for a gun that's only broken in(2000 rounds or less), is because you do not have to wait for the build time. Most of the time all the hiccups are out of it or worked over by this time as well. IMHO

There are a lot of favorite smiths on this forum. I'm sure you will not be disappointed with any of them. I know I love my first open/limited blaster. (I had two slides built)

99% of the sellers on this Forum are honest and represent their pistols, Limited or Open, exactly as the pistols are-number or rounds, equipment, etc. Don't believe I have ever read a complaint against any seller of Open pistols-you are going to get what you pay for.

+1

Generally speaking, if its on enos classifieds it'll be a good gun and the people selling give a good, accurate and honest description of what's gone into and through the gun. I've bought 3 so far and been thoroughly pleased with them. But I never leave them as they sit regardless of how nice they were to begin with, I always think I know better than everyone else. Just get yourself a budget in mind and make sure you keep 500ish aside for mags unless the gun comes with some. Good luck

Mr Cecil,

I shoot a STI Eagle 6" .40 in USPSA limited, built/tuned mags by Dave Dawson, never a malfunction.

What's your opinion for a Dawson tuned Trubor or Steel.

Thanks,

Perry

Perry... like i stated earlier... some Open guns can be fussy... on that pretense... i ordered my STI Steel Match from Dawson Precision.. it took just a tad over 5 weeks from intial order to delivery at my FFL dealer... i have shot at least 2, 000 rounds since i got it... including Winchester white box & my reloads of 4.0.. 4.1... 4.2.. 4.3...4.4.. & 4.5grns of W231 powder pushing 124gr JHP bullets... NOT ONE MALFUNCTION/HICCUP as of yet... to say I am very pleased with my experience with Dawson would be an understatement...