Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Take a training class

Nimitz

Just finished a 2-day class with Steve Anderson and unless you happen to be a top A shooter or above you probably have never learned the techniques or really comprehend the techniques behind being able to move through a stage like the top shooters do ... you will after 2 days with Steve. You'll also have a sub one second draw.

I picked up a pistol 14 months ago and have been shooting USPSA matches since Jan 2012. Prior to this past weekend the fastest draw in live fire I'd ever managed on a 7 yd target was around 1.35. By the 2nd day I was at 1.05. In dry fire, after an hour and a half I was at .7 for a 1 yd target & .8 for a 7 yd target. I was also doing El Pres dry fire at 4.5 secs all with a Production setup. Before that I didn't think I could even execute that fast, never mind having any kind of sight picture.

The first time I shot his 20 rd example stage I did it in 21.54 secs. After the day of training I reshot the stage, this time in 15.24 secs.

This is what Steve teaches you ... how to train effectively for massive speed gains. If this is something you want to learn how to do you should be taking a class from Steve. His classes are fun, enegertic and in 2 days will fill your conscious brain with more than enough stuff to spend the rest of the year training your subconscious.

I hear ya. I was in limbo in B class and decided to take a class from a GM production shooter. When we started I could barely manage a 1.20 draw live fire at a 7 yard target. After about 5 minutes of his draw drill, I was down to .85 in live fire @ 7 yards. Changed my game forever.

yeah, the El Pres dry fire drill in 4.5 secs was a real shocker for me. I've shot El Prez once so far at 51/60 but a time of 11.28 secs. It's great to know that I can move & manipulate the gun fast enough to be under 5 secs and can't wait to continue to practice this in dry fire & then live to watch my times start to move to that 4.45 sec dry fire time which I now KNOW is possible.

Steve has an amazing technique for any uprange surrender draw start that dramatically reduces your time. That it a huge part of my ability to get under 5 secs ...

He lives in Ohio but will come to your location if you want to setup a clas. All you need is a range and a some students. We only had 6 in our class but it was enough for him to still come down. I think his max is 10-12 in a class ...

• 2 weeks later...

That's awesome to hear. Good for you.

Too often knuckle heads think "I got this, I'm a man, & that means I know how to fight, drive, & shoot." (slight edit for being PC on the board, not everyone is a Soldier)

The truth is we all like to think we're part of the 1% exception but 99% of us don't know how to do ANY of those things WELL until someone shows us.

I've got a ton of certs from mil & tac schools but a while back after I stepped out of my tactical tommy pants & went to a USPSA classifier match I realized I only rated as a C class shooter. It dawned on me that it was time to look a little deeper and explore learning to run the gun faster.

I've got my first competition based technique course coming up in a couple days. I intend to put up a full review of it as well.

I really like to read first hand recommendations like Nimitz's. Seems like you would save a lot of money and practice time getting some good direction, finding out things you never would have stumbled upon on your own.

Edited by toothguy

That's awesome to hear. Good for you.

Too often knuckle heads think "I got this, I'm a man, & that means I know how to fight, drive, & shoot." (slight edit for being PC on the board, not everyone is a Soldier)

The truth is we all like to think we're part of the 1% exception but 99% of us don't know how to do ANY of those things WELL until someone shows us.

I've got a ton of certs from mil & tac schools but a while back after I stepped out of my tactical tommy pants & went to a USPSA classifier match I realized I only rated as a C class shooter. It dawned on me that it was time to look a little deeper and explore learning to run the gun faster.

I've got my first competition based technique course coming up in a couple days. I intend to put up a full review of it as well.

I was in the same boat. Military instructer PMI and CQB, now a federal law enforcement instructor. My first competition was steel challenge. HUGE wake up call.

• 1 month later...

yeah, the El Pres dry fire drill in 4.5 secs was a real shocker for me. I've shot El Prez once so far at 51/60 but a time of 11.28 secs. It's great to know that I can move & manipulate the gun fast enough to be under 5 secs and can't wait to continue to practice this in dry fire & then live to watch my times start to move to that 4.45 sec dry fire time which I now KNOW is possible.

Steve has an amazing technique for any uprange surrender draw start that dramatically reduces your time. That it a huge part of my ability to get under 5 secs ...

Tactical Turkey!!! :roflol:

• 1 month later...