Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bad Juju, coast to coast

Sam

Juju- 1)a fetish, charm or amulet of West African peoples 2)the magic attributed to or associated with jujus

Mojo- a magic spell, hex or charm; magical power

Crap, anyone else having flashbacks to the Brady Bunch Hawaiian Vacation episode?

Unlike Austin Powers, no one has ever stolen my mojo!

I don't think I ever had any mojo to steal.

I was talking to a very cute 19 year old girl last week, and I was lamenting the fact that I have no "game." She corrected me, telling me that I did in fact have "game" and that I was "kind of catchy."

So I asked if she meant like a fungus or disease, but she said, "More like an itch you can't scratch."

So if I do have mojo, I don't know how to use it properly! Maybe I need some juju to fine tune my mojo? Would that be jujufication of my mojonation?

I agree with the Sig Lady. Juju can be anything I want it to be. So can mojo.... if it 's workin'.

Because...... I'm the Bonedaddy, dadgummit! Mojo and juju are my stock in trade, so I'll decide when they're good or bad. ;)

Of course, I've always been oddly attracted to impending doom. There's just nothing like a good lightning strike or a tornado upclose and personal.

A tornado went though my home town in Missouri when I was a kid. It did about $100,000 worth of improvements. :lol:

First good blizzard we get this season, I hope to suit up in my Denali gear and wonder off into it for a while. You want a real Zen moment? Go lose yourself in a road closin', sheep killin', Wyoming blizzard. Nah, on second thought, ya better not do that...... a blizzard is a heck of a bad place to find out too late that your mojo is broke.

And stay the heck away from that volcano Siggy. I don't want to hear on Fox News that a bunch of panicked local wackos got shot all to hell because they tried to sacrifice a little red haired chick to the angry god Vulcan.

I think my mojo may be working and I don't even know how or why.

I walked up the stairs to the weight room at my community center on Monday and a 22 year old hottie I haven't seen in a while rushed up to me and hugged me. Then she proceeded to walk laps with me around the walking track while I chatted her up. I had intended to only walk a lap or two, then hit the weights, and finish my laps afterward. Needless to say, I completed all of my laps at once. Witnesses claim I looked a lot perkier and walked faster than I ever have.

Today I was at STAPLES sending a fax. I was chatting with the girl running the document center and somehow the topic of why I was sending the fax arose. She thought it was unfair that I had to send the fax since I wasn't getting to participate in the activitiy being planned by my parents and sister. I told her that it was okay because my parents treat me well and might let me live another day. I felt lucky because they didn't hold me under water when I was born.

She laughed, of course, and as I was leaving the store I said, "Any day you wake up is a good day."

I got about three more steps before she replied, "Especially when you get laid."

I think that might've meant something, but I'm not sure. :lol:

So ... is that mojo or juju or both or neither? And why is it working this week, because it never does otherwise ... which is why I am unprepared to seize opportunities?

"She laughed, of course, and as I was leaving the store I said, 'Any day you wake up is a good day.'
I keep tellin' people, "As long as you're breathing you have a future." So go invent some juju/mojo. It's what we do in life.

rhino--

You were on the crest of a mojo wave that day....! Cool. B)

Rhino-

I got about three more steps before she replied, "Especially when you get laid."

Your mojo is working just fine, Bro! You might want to go back to Staples in a day or two and run into her again. ;)

Ya know maybe it's just me, but some chicks seem to dig "manly men" who are helpless around office equipment. :rolleyes:

Ya know maybe it's just me, but some chicks seem to dig "manly men" who are helpless around office equipment. :rolleyes:

It IS just you. I find men that appear helpless around office equipment to be PITA's and it just lowers my respect level tremendously. Of course, my job has always been in a support role and they are usually just trying desperately to get of doing what they consider "a job beneath them".

There's a flip side to that ... a lot of women pretend to be helpless with car stuff or whatever, so their big manly man can feel all important when he helps the li'l lady. Some guys like the ego boost (even if they know it's a game), and some find it irritating.

Thank god our gentlemanly range members ARE the gentlemanly type and open the door for me when I arrive (I'm usually carrying 50lbs of range crap and can't even reach the door handle anyway)... and I love it when they do. It's thoughtful and helpful.

I accept help when it's offered and is obviously appropriate. Both parties feel good when that happens. I also do the same for them now and again... you know, shoulder rubs, lap dances, whatever it takes. :P

I've always been astounded, though, at how inept a guy can get when he gets within 5 feet of a photocopier or a fax machine. :lol:

Ma'am

Sir

Please

Thanks

You're welcome

Holding a door

All things that far too many people seem to place below themselves today

Maybe I'm getting old. I remember when you would never just let a door go when some one approached. When children never called an adult by first name, Either Mr. Jim or Miss Mary, maybe Aunt or Uncle if they were real close family friends, Mr. or Miss/Mrs. Surname if not known to you.

I even remeber when you would stop to allow someone toi get into or out of a parking place.

Cursing in a restaurant? Not likely. Heck I still remember how shocked I was when I heard my father (an Ex-Marine) use vulgar language for the first time. The run of the mill curse maybe, but F, never. I cringe at times when I am in public and I hear a group talking in mixed company or when children are present and they are saying F this and F that. Mixed company today of course seems to be no barrier to crude language and rude behaviour.

Jim