Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TS mag release hurts palm

G34 CORDY

I don't know alot about cz but I can say if it hits your palm you should probably change it to a lower profile button. If it is that much in contact with your hand you will end up accidently dropping your mag out while running through a course. Yes I know from experience. It is quite embarrassing. I used an extended mag release for one stage and it now sits in a drawer.

I had the same problem only worse. Not only would it hurt my support hand, my hand would engage the release and drop the magazine prematurely. I had CZ Custom modify a new one and send it to me. Then I had them shorten it again. Problem solved.

Edited by TallGuy

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem. Remove the mag release button and buff the rough edges till they are smooth. If you don't want to remove the mag release button, then remove the slide and wrap masking tape around the frame, and buff off the sharp edges.

All CZ guns are the same. All the controls is in the way. These guns might have designed for one hand or strong hand only or maybe the cup & saucer style lol. Even I swapped out my Shadow's orig. thumb safety and slide stop with the the base SP01's controls, it's still the same. Still hurts support hand.

Edited by JetPow

A fellow shooter shot my TS and said he loved the trigger pull, and feel of the whole gun, but the the mag release button really dug into his hand while shooting. He showed me the red spot on his support hand. He shoots a 2011 S_I, and an S_I single stack. He is a very good shooter, and has good grip form.