Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not really useful for competition, but...

Langenator

Huh...the video shows up just fine in my browser. (Firefox 19, Win7)

Seach youtube for "Experimental CZ 10mm" by user "theheineken"

Basically, a 10mm CZ-97B, although it looks like the slide has borrowed a good bit from the SP-01.

And I just realized that, with headphones on, I can hear the trigger reset in that video.

• 2 months later...

Great, just when I thought the shade-tree gunsmithing was over... If an SP-01 slide can be extended to fit, a .40 TS slide should be just right...ream the throat to load .40 at 1.2" OAL and use EAA 10MM or .40 Mags with extensions...

Does the 75B/SP-01 slide fit on a 97B frame? I see the 97B frame with a 10MM EAA slide but I can't quite get my head around what fits on what - my CZ parts don't fit a small EAA frame, so I figured it was a no go.

Edited by tortuga

Tortuga, the SP01 slide fits on the TS (see my Open TS), but the TS is a small frame (albeit a wide body small frame) so no 10mm or .45.

The difference between large/small frame slides is in the space between the hammer and the breech so this SP01 slide had to be cut behind the breech and welded back together with a spacer in between the two halves.

Also, your small frame CZ parts don't fit the Tanfo small frame because the the slide rails on the CZ are a hair bigger than Tanfo. Tanfo slide on a CZ frame is a little loose and the CZ ejector is too wide for the channel in the slide.

Akacala, generally there are two basic frame sizes amount pistols: small and large. Small for 9/40 and large for .38 super/10/.45.

This holds true for CZs, Tanfoglios, Glocks, ect. This is without regard to how long the barrel is (compact, standard, long slide); does that make sense?

When Tanfoglios and 2011/1911 large frame pistols are chambered in small frame calibers, a spacer is employed either at the front or rear of the magazine.

With the terms defined, CZs and Tanfoglios are similar enough in form and function that like frame sizes have some degree of compatibility. Magazines are for the most part cross compatible without modification (small in small and large in large, but slides are different enough to require modifications to function together.

OK, the issue of hammer to breech distance totally makes sense. I think I am trying to make the wheel rounder and should just buy a TS. I got excited about the idea of loading the .40 longer - going to play with that idea with a Glock 20. What is the max OAL for a .40 in a Tac Sport? From what I have read it is somewhere around 1.135

What is the max OAL for a .40 in a Tac Sport? From what I have read it is somewhere around 1.135

It depends on the bullet, I have some lead 155 grain I can't load longer than 1.1 without hitting the rifling, but I think 1.135 should be right for a 180 grain FMJ. I hear Bayou bullets work well in the TS.

• 4 months later...