Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fired brass not ejecting

bk94

1 out of 20 fired brass is getting stuck parallel to the new round going in the hole. Dropped down to a 8lb spring helped a lil bit but not 100%. Load is Autocomp at 7.1 on a MG CMJ 124 at 1.17. Any idea on what to try next?

post-33266-0-08624900-1362607419_thumb.j

I have tried two mags and it happens with both.

Sad thing is the gun just back from the gunsmith and its been like this since I got it and he hasent offered any real help with the situation.

He had a 12 spring in it ( 9major) and was doing it more freq with the 12, thats why I put the 8lb.

So is the next step a Extractor replacement?

Sounds like the extractor does not have enough tension on the case. How old is the extractor and extractor spring? Stock or after market?

How does the ejector look? The ejector is a common issue with 9Major, more than others.

The ejector is what throws the brass out of the gun. You may need to adjust the angle on the ejector to get the brass out of the gun

Is it me , the picture or is the ejection port on that gun small?.

Edited by Jaxshooter

Is there a shock buff in the gun ? If so that will shorten the stroke of the gun. Looks like the extractor is pulling it out but something is ripping it off the brass ? Also do you have your mags overloaded ? Like is that the first round out of a mag?

Edited by Sudden Death

That is the closed cycle of the stroke. The brass is getting caught when slide is racking new round. I put a new extractor in last night will try to fire it today.

Its random on what bullet it is so i dont think mag overloading would be it.