Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EzWinScore V2.25 Upgrade Available

wgnoyes

Upgrades to V2.25 of EzWinScore have been released to the general user community and may be found at uspsa.org/ezwinscore. Some of the features listed are as follows:

• Complies with the January 2004 edition of the USPSA rules.
  • Definitions for new classifier courses have been incorporated into the infofile database.
  • Match directors have the ability to show multiple division entries for Level I matches. This is set OFF by default. To show multiple entries, place a check mark in the "Include reentries" check box on the Calculate Results form.
  • Tournament results (formerly Aggregate Results) for 3-Gun matches are calculated be adding firearm percentages instead of match points.
  • Tactical Rifle division and Tactical Tournament division have been added.
  • Matches consisting of rifle-only stages or shotgun-only stages may now be set up without first creating a dummy pistol stage.
  • Support for Points Series registration and fee reporting have been added.
  • Optimized program code so EzWinScore starts faster.

Please note you may also use 2.25 to score matches run under the current 14th Edition USPSA Red Rulebook.

The link points to upgrade files only; you must already have a running version of EzWinScore 2.x or 1.x on your computer. I do not know if refresh CD-ROM's will be sent to the clubs or not.

For official support, please contact Roger Maier at roger@uspsa.org.

Great news. I just did a four classifier special, all of them 03 classifiers. I finished doing everything by hand yesterday. This is a much needed upgrade. Thanks.

You SHOULD (no warranties implied or expressed) be able to read your spec classifier match into ezws225, convert the stages to classifiers simply by selecting the classifier numbers for the appropriate stages and do regular electronic reporting.

OK, figured it out, you have to be an administrator on the machine for it to work.

Unfortunately most people run as administrator, but this is considered among professionals to be a poor practice becasue it increases risk from viruses/worms, as well as accidentally wacking yourself. I never run as administrator unless I have a specific need to do so (like installing something). For anyone else who shares my practice, you will need to log on as administrator to do database conversions.

Now, if software developers would just start writing software that is more aware of the XP security model, and multiple users, life would be easier and more people may switch away from running with adminstrator rights all the time. Games are especially nototious for needing administrator rights to run. Unfortunately most games connect to the internet too - in my book a bad combo.

Ok, soap box off

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to say thank-you to all the people who work on that scoring program to keep it updated. I just loaded the new upgrade and it worked like a champ. From those of us that are not to savy with these computers, it is refreshing to have something work the first time. Then I don't have to bother my wife to try and figure out why it did not work.

Thanks guys.