Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Ruger Rimfire Challenge World Championship

MarkCO

Any courses of fire yet?

Thanks

Some are done. You will shoot 6 pistol and 6 rifle stages, 5 to 7 plates per stage.

Will these be posted prior to the match?

Thanks!

The stages probably won't be posted.

12 stages, 6 pistol, 6 rifle, 6 to 7 targets, 4 of 5 runs count for score per stage.

Edited by MarkCO

Wow. The sponsor stuff is coming in and several have surpassed what they said they were going to send, some by a huge margin.

By my current count, this is going to be a prize table that people will be talking about for a long time.

Any courses of fire yet?

The stages are all complete. 400 rounds and they do look to be pretty fun if I do say so myself. They will stretch the Pros, but are straight forward so the new shooters will still have a ton of fun.

Just a few days left at $50, then the price goes to $80. If I don't have your app and you are planing on coming, you better get on the stick!

I will be sending an e-mail out next week to all registered competitors to include the stages, schedule and other minor details.

Friday is a set-up day, but by the afternoon sometime, the stages should be up so competitors can view them.

There are 6 unique Pistol stages and 6 unique Rifle stages. Pistol about 3- 12 yards and Rifle about 4 to 23 yards. I can pretty much guarantee you will not have seen these stages anywhere before. The three people who have seen them seem to think they will be a lot of fun.

Based on the number of entrants, we will likely be able to accept some walk-ins at the match, but I would not plan on that and really rather have them in hand before we finalize the squadding, so, send them in if you were waiting.

If you don't have your entry mailed by July 8, I would not mail it and try to get a walk-in slot. If I get it in the mail before I leave, you will get a confirmation and we will honor the $50/$10 fees as on the app. Walk-ins will be the $80 fee.

Warne and SIG prizes arrived today. XS Sights signed on as the latest stage sponsor just a few minutes ago.

Some very cool stuff from some very cool Pro Shooters too. :)

Competitor briefings and stages were sent to all registered competitors just a few minutes ago. If you think you sent in an app but did not get the briefing, please drop me a note via email.

There are 6 unique Pistol stages and 6 unique Rifle stages. Pistol about 3- 12 yards and Rifle about 4 to 23 yards.

Dang typos...should have been 7 to 12 yards for pistol and 8 to 23 yards for rifle.

Got some more prizes in.

The newest sponsor is Beyer Barrels. Clint is a great guy and he makes some amazingly accurate .22LR barrels for both the 10/22 and the AR platform. This is the first match Beyer has sponsored! Thanks!

We have about a dozen walk-in slots for the match that will be available at the range from 1-5 pm on Friday. I highly doubt we will have any slots available Saturday morning.

See you on the range!biggrin.gif

Got the prize certificates for the prize table from Ruger, there are over 20 guns up for grabs. If you shoot fast enough you will have your choice, plus a lot of other really nice prizes from our sponsors!

Match is in the books. Thanks to USSA, especially Dave Saye, for the use of their facility and NSSF and Ruger for their sponsorship.

Congrats to the winners, and much thanks to all of the generous sponsors.

We had 23 youth and juniors brought by parents, grandparents and neighbors. Thanks to Julie Golob, Jesse Tischauser, James Casanova, Patrick Kelley, Lance Dingler and James Darst, every one of them got a personalized gift from a Pro Shooter. Awesome!

We had one junior who came in with a scoring error, which we fixed. Then he came back with another error, which worsened his score...also awesome!

Going for food...more later.

That was a category award no one who shot the match claimed. But yes, SA revo and a bolt, pump or lever rifle, iron sights.

Edited by MarkCO

BearCave Machining, and Sierra were some of the latest sponsors who put prizes on the table, much thanks!

The prize table averaged out to just under $500 per competitor...not bad for a $50 entry. Even down to the last competitors, there were $100 prizes still available.

A special thanks to the ROs who worked the match. The Sunday morning downpour still had them smiling and thanking competitors for coming to the match. Thanks to Ruger for donating some guns just for the ROs, most of whom did not even shoot the match! Thanks to Volquartsen for providing the ROs with hats!

Time to catch up on some sleep.

I enjoyed RO-ing the match and the cool rain was a welcome sight for me on sunday because saturday was a scorcher.

Th prize table was fantastic so a big thank you to all the sponsors. We also enjoyed shooting the match as well!

Chad S.

Team USSA