Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Home built CNC Mill - Gonna make a 1911

StraightUp_OG

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got the nerve to try to finish my slide and whelp i messed it up :-( but i will still use it.

That's just part of the process. I've scrapped a lot of parts over the years, and spent a lot of time figuring out how to fix stuff I screwed up. Those situations get fewer and farther between as you get more experience.

So Daniel and I have been chatting about his setup and the possibility of machining a Yavapai style jig for the Glock. I like the idea but I am not super happy with the limitations of the jig so I found this and i think it is a more versatile and cheap solution that looks like it will work nicely. Got the Adjustable Angle Plate 5x7" at www.shars.com for $65. I need to get a new clamp set since the t-slots are smaller than my mill table.

tilt_table1.jpg

tilt_table2.jpg

tilt_table3.jpg

tilt_table4.jpg

Edited by StraightUp_OG

Not sure yet, I just received it and still need to get the new T-slot nuts and bolts to clamp the vise to the angle plate. The thing is made out of cast iron/steel just like the mill and built like a tank. There are also lock down bolts on each side of the plate once the angle is set. I will test the indication accuracy once I get the t-slot clamps.

But my impression is that it will be very solid.

Direct link: https://www.shars.com/products/view/117/Adjustable_Angle_Plate_5x7quot

Edited by StraightUp_OG

I have. It would be a little more difficult to mount and is at least twice the cost. I figured for $65 why not!

OG

10-4 on the cost, I was just thinking about how the joe blocks can give you a precision angle, have you looked at walking the angle up using a 1/2 EM with a .060 lead