Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Home built CNC Mill - Gonna make a 1911

StraightUp_OG

It is and the frame is a PT as well. Dimensionally it's very accurate but that's where the comparisons stop. I have the steel grip it is just exceptional even compared to the STI aluminum. You would have to rank the quality close to SV. Brian is doing really great work.

Edited by StraightUp_OG

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad the DROs are making things easier!

Question for the group. I am going to make the leap, now that I have most of the immediate gun building jones handled, to some better software. I can't justify the big money apps. like SW but I am looking at this http://dolphincadcamusa.com/cad-cam-products/mill-pro/ . I think under a grand is where I want to be.

So to the question.

You have $1k to spend what software CAD/CAM app do you buy?

Got the right side serrations done the SV parts arrived and the rest of the stuff will be here from brownells tomorrow. Man SV makes some really, really nice parts. The 6'er is well on it's way.

Edited by StraightUp_OG

Cool good to know. I did look on the bobcat site and I believe they have the post processor for it. Been reading a ton and it is a tough decision. May have to go the demo route but I hate giving up my info and becoming a "prospect" for their sales team.

I had a conference this week at work so no time to kick the tires. But this weekend is slated for testing, more to follow.

Yeah sorry that's not a valid excuse.... I'm trying to live vicariously through you here (in the Cnc world that is) for crying out loud !

You're right of course. Work is no excuse and this is what I keep telling my boss.

That's why i told my boss what I thought of him (long story but he was asking me to do pretty un-ethical crap) and now I get to stay home!

I just can't afford the CNC machine I want now, Hence why I need you to ease up on that work stuff and play CNC more LOL