Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bianchi 2013

gm iprod

Too bad it's not like that in May.

Oh heck no.

Day two of the Crawfish cup was bad enough, give me 80 and sunny any day of the week.

Where is your sense of adventure? There is nothing like going prone on the mat in the snow. One has to get used to shooting while you are sliding towards the targets.

As far as ammo goes, I don't feel comfortable unless I have 400 match rounds and a full 50 cal ammo can for practice.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got lucky this week and shot three movers! Boy I sure like the way my re-worked auto is performing!!!! Thanks Greg Dick! :-) Shot two, 2 pts. down 36 and 38x and one clean 41x. New load and gun work well and I too would like to have some warmer weather. Kevin, does marking your brass help you find them in the snow?

Got lucky this week and shot three movers! Boy I sure like the way my re-worked auto is performing!!!! Thanks Greg Dick! :-) Shot two, 2 pts. down 36 and 38x and one clean 41x. New load and gun work well and I too would like to have some warmer weather. Kevin, does marking your brass help you find them in the snow?

snow-metal-detecting.jpg

Those barricades look like scene from Space Odyssey.

SS+P, if you run Super, get the components shipped to Columbia (maybe except the powder) and reload there. Not sure who can do 9mm, but we are sorted on a press in 38Super. If driving get a MTM AC11 and fill it up.

Richard

Thanks for the info. I am flying out, but the rest of the guys that I am going with are driving from the DC area (no jokes please) so all my stuff will go with them.

DWFAN you may want to re-check your math. it comes out closer to 275 than 408. unless i am missing something. it is 4 events at 48 rounds a piece, correct. plus chrono, a re-shoot and the plate rack if you clean it. (big if) with that said i was planning on 500 so at least i was in the ball park. i think i will be bringing more now as I am shooting on monday in the class. thanks for the input, now i just have to hope my gun is ready by then.

Striping doesn't help a bit. You'll have to wait for the thaw. I'd say to wait for Spring, but hell, it's already here and Winter just won't let go. I'm still not complaining though. It will be 100 before we know it. They say it will be 55 in Bedford on Sat. so I'm going to try and get some things done.

DWFAN thanks for the explanation. You had me worried that I had missed an event. I will plan for 500 for the match and prob another 500 for class and practice. See you all there. Hope the snow melts by the.

Too bad it's not like that in May.

Oh heck no.

Day two of the Crawfish cup was bad enough, give me 80 and sunny any day of the week.

Where is your sense of adventure? There is nothing like going prone on the mat in the snow. One has to get used to shooting while you are sliding towards the targets.

My sense of adventure ends at hypothermia.

Besides which with my mass, I would probably sliding to the 25 yard line when trying to go prone at 50 yards.

well hopefully the warm weather is moving in now.

another question for you guys. is everyone who is a first time competitor eligible for the first time shooter award or is only if you shoot in production. not that i am planning on winning, but a buddy of mine say it was only for production shooters

• 2 weeks later...